ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation fees not yet debited

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

random.thoughts
India

Naturalisation fees not yet debited

Post by random.thoughts » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:53 am

Hello,
I applied for Naturalisation about 3+ weeks ago in Essex via the Nationality Checking Service. They gave me the DX parcel tracking number and I paid the £80 fees.

For the last 3 weeks I have been trying to track the parcel via their website and it is not showing up. I called them and they don't think it is a valid tracking number. I have not had any receipt from the UKBA and neither has the Naturalisation fees gone from my credit card.

Has someone experienced this before?

I am trying to contact my council which is extremely busy but not able to get a response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation fees not yet debited

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 am

They gave me the DX parcel tracking number and I paid the £80 fees.
What did you pay £80 for?

NCS uses Royal Mail tracking to send not DX Courier. Have you checked on the Royal Mail website?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

random.thoughts
India

Post by random.thoughts » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:58 am

The £80 is for the council for performing the NCS (service). https://www.essex.gov.uk/Births%20Cerem ... rvice.aspx. They verify your passport etc and only send photo copies to the UKBA.

I was definitely given a DX courier (NOT royal mail) by my council. My husband was given the same thing a few months ago. We were able to track it from the next day and we got the entire thing done in under 2 weeks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Yes, we have all paid the NCS fee, just couldn't understand why it was specifically mentioned give that it is the same figure as the Ceremony fee (UKM and UKF citizenship applications for example)

Acknowledgment from HO can take a few weeks. Have you contacted NCS to ask or only DX Couriers?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.