ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport and biometric sent back

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suddyg
Newly Registered

Passport and biometric sent back

Post by suddyg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi
I applied for my ILR last month and got my biometric done at post office.
Today I got my passport and my previous biometric card back saying that even though my application is under consideration, but as a new process they are sending the passport back.

I didnt know if this is the process. Has anyone else recv'ed their passports before the decision was taken.

Regards,
Suddy

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Re: Passport and biometric sent back

Post by Sagaya Rani » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi,
You are not in this alone. I received it a month back. the letter clearly mentioned that they would keep the old BRP card but it was inside my passport :(.
I called up the customer care and everytime I called I got different answers. one time they said they wont deal those queries. one person said I have to send it back but to which office, he wasn't clear. another time I called that guy said just keep it nothing will happen.
Yesterday I saw some one mentioning about their passport return and asked them and that person received only the passport and suggested me to send the BRP card back to them.
you could try up your luck with customer care if possible. if you get any proper response. please do let me also know.

Thanks
S

suddyg
Newly Registered

Re: Passport and biometric sent back

Post by suddyg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:31 pm

I still have some 6 months left on my old BRP and it kind of makes sense that what will do with passport alone if a valid BRP is not returned and I am planning to travel(they are saying thats the reason !!).

But many times in these processes common sense doesnt prevail. Glad to know I am not alone though :-)

Suddy