ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment (PAYE & Self-Employed)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigars143
Pakistan

Employment (PAYE & Self-Employed)

Post by jigars143 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Hello Friends,

I am about to apply for BC in couple of months time. Thought to start planning now. I am just confused about the work history. When I was on Tier 1 General I had self-employment as well to ensure I had enough income to extend visa. By the time my I needed my ILR I had 10 years completed so I got ILR on the basis of long-term residency. I discontinued the self-employment.

I just want to know how should I tell Home Office regarding the exact dates of my Self-Employment. Can HMRC Send details of exactly when I started and Ended the Self-Employment from their records? I asked HMRC to send me details but the only thing they sent was a list of my National Insurance Contributions for last 10 years. Not sure what to do.

Can anyone help please.

tripping

Re: Employment (PAYE & Self-Employed)

Post by tripping » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Perhaps check your employment contracts (permanent and contractor/temp work), which state the periods of employment.

Not sure if the below HMRC documentation is necessary for the employment section, these are the docs that come to mind if you want to be super careful just in case and not leave things to chance. Senior posters may be able to clarify hopefully:

SA302 for the past 10 years - will take about a week or so. Any tax documents that you may have received addressed to yourself/your company (e.g. documents telling you about your tax code for yourself/your company, documents about VAT, VAT flat rate, ), or any correspondence that your accountant may have with the HMRC could be useful ( company tax returns etc) - for the past 10 years.