ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for H1B holder

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunal
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for H1B holder

Post by kunal » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Hello People,

This is on behalf of some friends of mine in South Africa.

Here's the situation: there's a girl who is an Indian citizen, but was born and brought up in South Africa. She intends to marry a guy who is presently in the US on a work permit (I am guessing she means H1B visa). The question is, how difficult is it for her to get a US visa to move to the US as the guy's dependent? What are the requirements and approximately how much time is required for visa processing? Also, will the fact that she is an Indian not domiciled in India have any effect? Lots of questions, but I would really appreciate your views on the matter.

Thank you very much.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:42 pm

She needs to apply for an H4 visa at the US Diplomatic Mission in South Africa, assuming that her husband's visa is indeed H1B.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Spouse visa for H1B holder

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:41 pm

kunal wrote:Hello People,

This is on behalf of some friends of mine in South Africa.

Here's the situation: there's a girl who is an Indian citizen, but was born and brought up in South Africa.
How come she didn't obtain South African citizenship, in that case?