ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Queries - pls help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameeha
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Queries - pls help

Post by sameeha » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi,
I am all set to send my postal application for ILR under Tier1(G) migrant category after 5 years and 1 month of stay in UK since my first entry. I initially entered UK on Tier2 ICT visa with WP in Oct 2010 and applied for Tier1 after few months. I have got one T1(G) extension since then and my BRP states that my T1(G) is valid till Mar 2016.
I am not very clear about the following 2 items in the SET(O) form:

1. Page 71: section 12L Tier1(General) migrant:
I am ticking the first section 9A evidence box. This is fine.
What is the meaning of the second box that states 'For the period before you were granted leave as Tier1(G) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules?

Do I need to tick this box? If yes, what documents should I provide? I think this is a bit weird as they would not have granted me the Tier 1 (G) visa at the first place if I had not met the relevant requirements anyways. Could you pls let me know what this is about?

2. Page 74: the third box from end of the page that states the following:
'If you were a Tier1(G) migrant, evidence that you were economically active in the UK in employment or self-employment or both (see section 12L)'

Do I need to tick this box? If yes, what evidence to be provided? Again I am confused as of course I was economically active, since they did grant me the T1(G) visa 'after' seeing all the relevant proofs including my earnings in the UK. So why are they asking for the evidence again and for what period now?

Please could you reply soon as I am looking to post my application soon.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sameeha

sameeha
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET(O) Queries - pls help

Post by sameeha » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:05 am

Hi,
Regarding the question 1 above, I have found the sponsorship letter by my employer to the visa officer which has the sponsorship no and the COS number for my Tier 2 visa. Would this suffice for the evidence?

Could someone pls respond soon?

Thanks,
Sameeha