ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (QP) application in person at Croydon PSC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Locke
Newly Registered

EEA (QP) application in person at Croydon PSC

Post by Locke » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:56 pm

The EEA(QP) guidance notes say I can send my application to Durham or apply in person at Croydon Premium Service Centre. The guidance notes give no further information on this topic instead there's a link to book an appointment.

When I visit the linked page it talks about different visa types and mentions £400 application fee (incl. the £100 booking fee).

Taking into account EEA Registration Certificate & Document Cerifying Permanent Residence are not really visas I have doubts if the information mentioned on the linked page is fully applicable to EEA nationals.

Could you please advise:
1. whether it's possible to apply in Croydon for both EEA Registration Certificate & Document Cerifying Permanent Residence;
2. what are the full costs of this service for EEA nationals;
3. whether EEA Registration Certificate or Document Cerifying Permanent Residence will be issued and handed to the applicant on the day of visit or later?

Thank you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA (QP) application in person at Croydon PSC

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:04 pm

"Where to send your completed application
You cannot apply in person at our Premium Service Centres. "
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Locke
Newly Registered

Post by Locke » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Casa wrote:"Where to send your completed application
You cannot apply in person at our Premium Service Centres. "
Hi,
thank you for this information! Can you please add a link where did you get it from?

I'm checking the EEA(QP): guidance notes you can download at this gov.uk page.
In that file at the end of the first page it's written:
Send your completed application form, supporting documents, and payment of £65, to:
Home Office
EEA Applications
PO Box 590
Durham
DH 99 1AD
Alternatively, you can apply in person at Croydon Premium Service Centre.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-15.pdf

Form for applications made after 20 July 2015 - bottom of page 2 and top of page 3:
Where to send your completed application
You cannot apply in person at our Premium Service Centres.
You must send your completed application form, supporting documents, and payment of £65 to
the address below:
EEA(PR) - Version 07/15 Page 3 of 85
Home Office – EEA applications
PO Box 590
Durham
DH99 1AD
Sending it to any other address will delay your application.

I agree that the two links are contradictory...perhaps other members will comment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locke
Newly Registered

Post by Locke » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:57 pm

CR001 wrote:What exactly are you applying for and are you the EU national?
I'm an EU national and I'm applying for a registration certificate. A friend of mine who is also an EU national is going to apply for a document certifying his permanent residence (he's living in the UK for more than 5 years already)
Casa wrote:I agree that the two links are contradictory...perhaps other members will comment.
I've checked your file and it's for a document certifying permanent residence. My file is about registration certificate only.
After all it seems there are no contradictiona between both documents.
Looks like an EEA national can only apply at Croydon PSC for initial registration certificate, but not for the document certifying permanent residence.

Finally one of the questions from my initial post is answered. Can please someone advise regarding 2 remaining questions?
Locke wrote:2. what are the full costs of this service for EEA nationals;
3. whether EEA Registration Certificate or Document Cerifying Permanent Residence will be issued and handed to the applicant on the day of visit or later?