ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents for Tier 2 Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Supporting Documents for Tier 2 Dependent

Post by greegiecee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 am

Hi everyone,

I have looked all over the forum, but not finding what I am looking for, so hoping someone can give me an idea of the following. I got married in July, but my wife has been back home on a work contract. I am in the UK working on a tier 2 general visa. We are trying to apply for my wife's tier 2 dependent visa, but have some confusion of the documents.

1. What documents do we need to supply in addition to the usual - passports, passport photos, marriage & birth certificate, proof of funds (this will be from her account on her side), my payslips, my BRP.

2 What of these documents need to be originals (i.e I can't get my passport to her as I am in the UK and she isn't, and I need mine to travel on)? What documents can be copies?

Thanks for the help.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting Documents for Tier 2 Dependent

Post by nasmc92 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:57 am

I recently, successfully applied spouse visa for my wife to join me in the UK as a dependent. Just wanted to let you know how I went about it in case this can be of help to anyone in a similar situation to me.

Online Application https://visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

The CATEGORY was PBS TIER 2 GENERAL and TYPE was TIER 2 GENERAL PARTNER
TYPE OF VISA: PBS Tier 2 General
PURPOSE OF APPLICATION: Work
TYPE OF APPLICATION: Tier 2 General Partner

12/01/2015: Application Submitted Online
14/01/2015: Documents Submitted VFS Lahore
15/01/2015: Email from BHC Islamabad that application has been received
22/01/2015: Email from BHC Islamabad that Application has been processed
23/01/2015: Email from VFS Lahore for collection of documents
VISA STAMPED on Passport :D :D :D :D :D
It took only 5 working days to process this application

At the end of Application there is a section (other information.) I submitted the following the following information below

I Applicant Name, AM SUBMITTING THE PBS TIER 2 DEPENDENT VISA APPLICATION FORM ALONG WITH VARIOUS DOCUMENTS TO SEEK VISA TO JOIN MY HUSBAND IN UK. PLEASE FIND BELOW THE DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED.

Applicant Documents
1. Passports
2. Pakistan ID Card mentioning Husband Name
3. Tuberculosis Test Certificate
4. Marriage Certificates (Manual & Computerised)
5. Wedding Photos
6. Other Photos after Marriage
7. Communication (Skype call log, WhatsApp, Facebook, Tango calls log, Line Chats & calls, Emails)

Main Applicant Documents
1. Passport - Copy
2. Biometric Residence Permit - Copy
3. Pakistan ID card - Copy
4. Company Letter Certifying Maintenance for Dependent and Proof of Employment
5. Three months bank statement maintaining £630.00 in addition to company letter certifying maintenance
6. Invitation Letter
7. Tenancy Agreement
8. Company Letter for Wedding Holiday
9. Passport Pages Showing Entry Stamps to Pakistan for Wedding
10. 6 Months Payslip
11. CoS - Copy
12. P60 - Original
13. Confirmed Air Tickets of Main Applicant and Applicant for UK Arrival on xxxxxx

Points 11,12,13 are not compulsory but it’s worth submitting if you can mange

Some Tips:

1. For Spouse Visa ECO always looks for Subsisting relationship through regular contact, signs of companionship, emotional support, affection, routine life, friends , family, your aspiration of living together in UK which can only be demonstrated by submitting other photos and your chats + call logs mentioning these things.

2. Invitation Letter by Main Applicant (sponsor) must mention that you will take the responsibility to provide her accommodation and fulfil all her expenses which include travel, subsistence, leisure, medical and any other circumstantial needs. Do mention that dependent will live at xxxxxxx address. Copy of contract agreement attached to application

I think I have covered everything. If anyone has got questions, I would be happy to answer them

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Nasmc92, you legend. That is a great list. My wife will have to get a TB certificate too!

mkawan19
Newly Registered

Post by mkawan19 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi muhdkhokhar,
I am applying for my my wife visa as a tier 3 dependent. i just wanted to ask that is the tenancy agreement a requirement? as i am living with my brother and his family and haven't got any tenancy agreement?

I am working for a Tier-2 A rated sponsor and he is willing to give me a letter to certify the maintenance requirements. i started maintaining a balance of £1000 in my bank account from last month. Will the maintenance letter be enough to fulfill the retirement or should i wait 2 more months? and can you please send me the sample of the maintenance letter?

Regards,
Adil