ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality application and credit check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Solomon79
Newly Registered

Nationality application and credit check

Post by Solomon79 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi
I was in IVA agreement in 2011 and as per agreement I paid in first 12 months approx. £7000 but later found out that my IVA company staff (IP) have paid them selves out of my 12 month annuity and my creditors didn't get any thing.
Moreover, I got married and then was not able to make payments as per agreement.
Therefore, I disagree to pay any further and then cancel the agreement.
Its been 4 years & 4 months since my IVA was signed up.
and I want to apply for naturalisation/citizenship in Feb 2016!
My question to you is would it affect my citizenship application???
Many thanks
Solomon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Nationality application and credit check

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:56 am

It is unclear whether this will affect your application. Part of the good character checks is that HO checks the Insolvency Register and IVAs are listed on this register.

Do you have proof of formally withdrawing from the IVA?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Solomon79
Newly Registered

Post by Solomon79 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:56 pm

Do you think I should wait another 2 years before my credit history gets reset (after 6 yrs since I signed up for IVA)

I read somewhere that after 6 years credit history wipes out all previous bad history and if any organisation searches they wont find anything!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:59 pm

It doesn't completed wipe and some of the details will always be there. Suggest wait for one of the other moderators to reply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Solomon79 wrote:Do you think I should wait another 2 years before my credit history gets reset (after 6 yrs since I signed up for IVA)

I read somewhere that after 6 years credit history wipes out all previous bad history and if any organisation searches they wont find anything!
From this reference (quoted below) and personally I think ten years wait is most logical.
Luckily, there are set time frames for how long negative information remains on a credit report. In general, negative information more than seven years old from the date of last activity (ten years for bankruptcies) must be removed from your file.
Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 pm

fwd079 wrote:
Solomon79 wrote:Do you think I should wait another 2 years before my credit history gets reset (after 6 yrs since I signed up for IVA)

From this reference (quoted below) and personally I think ten years wait is most logical.
Luckily, there are set time frames for how long negative information remains on a credit report. In general, negative information more than seven years old from the date of last activity (ten years for bankruptcies) must be removed from your file.
Good luck.

That information is for the states not the uk

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:18 am

12years wrote:
That information is for the states not the uk
I do apologise. It is six year in UK according to this link. However I'd add a year for added security.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.