ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration health surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

immigration health surcharge

Post by uzair_zaman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 am

I am on Tier 2 General and my wife is on Tier 2 General dependent visa.
My son was born in June 2015 and I am now planning to get his dependent visa sorted as we are planning to visit his grandparents in Feb 2016.
My question is, do I need to pay "immigration health surcharge" for him? This is a new thing for me. I calculated it online and it says that it's around £600? If this is true then this is ridiculous.
Can someone please advise. Thanks

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: immigration health surcharge

Post by hassanh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Uzair,

Yes, you do need to pay Immigration Health Surcharge for your son and it will be £200 per year.

When you check online it always show £600 when you choose Tier 2 visa up to three years but when you will be actually paying online it will adjust to reflect the correct amount with respect to your visa expiry.

But you will have to pay Immigration Health Surcharge as this became mandatory a while ago? What is the expiry date on your visa?

Thanks,
Hassan

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Post by uzair_zaman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi Hassan,
Thanks for your reply.
My visa is expiring in Nov 2016 and I will then get my ILR.
Also, do you know if I will be using the same Tier 2 Dependent Application Form for my son; the one I used during visa extension for my wife?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:30 pm

HI Uzair,

You will have to fill PBS Dependent - Child form through here https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child

You will have to pay £200. Make sure you apply on such a date that your son will get visa for less than one year, otherwise you will have to pay £300 Immigration health surcharge for visa more than one year.

Thank,
Hassan

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Post by uzair_zaman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:47 pm

That's very helpful!
Thanks a lot for all the information Hassan :D