ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & Wrongful CCJ - Advice Needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibrazk
Newly Registered

ILR & Wrongful CCJ - Advice Needed

Post by ibrazk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 am

Hello,

I have a question regarding applying for ILR and wrongful CCJ, my situation is as follows:

I completed 10 years of continuous stay in September 2015, my current visa is valid till December 2015. Regarding my application for ILR I have gathered all necessary documents (bank statements, university certificates, utility bills etc) but I found out via a credit check that there is a CCJ issued wrongly against my name.

The CCJ in question relates to electricity supply at a property for the period 2012-2013 from which I had moved out in 2010. I had helped the landlords find a new tenant in a purely non-professional environment so when these tenants moved out they informed the electricity company that I was the landlord. The landlord did not inform the electricity company of any new tenants moving in, so when the new tenants did move in the bills kept coming in my name at the property for period 2012-2013 and all the correspondence was sent to that address.

I received correspondence to my new address in May 2015 from a recovery company acting on behalf of the electricity company, I forwarded them all the necessary tenancy agreements received from the landlord to prove that I was not resident of the property. Now the recovery company is claiming costs from me to put an application to remove my name from the CCJ.

I argued that I should not pay the costs but since time is running out for my ILR application I have made the decision to pay the costs so that there is no negative impact on my ILR application.

Therefore, keeping all the necessary information in mind does anyone feel that the CCJ will have an impact on the ILR even after I have paid it.

Also what other documentation should I attach with my application to ensure that the working officer knows that the matter has been settled?

Many Thanks

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Re: ILR & Wrongful CCJ - Advice Needed

Post by abhisheks9 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:24 am

I think you need not worry
just provide all details and proofs related to CCJ with ILR application.
CCJ itself is not reason for ILR refusal (CCJ should be declared one month before application) and more serious matter is Criminal record. BUT still you need to declare CCJ and provide details.
PS: i don't have ILR, but know based on member's experience and guidance
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice