ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad - Naturalisation - Confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child born abroad - Naturalisation - Confusion

Post by tulipz » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:46 am

Hi,
Can someone pls help clarify this for me? I've been hearing conflicting views.

Our son was born in India in 2008. We applied for Tier1 visa AFTER he was born and came to UK in 2009. We (husband, son and me) got our ILR in june 2014.

We are now applying for naturalisation. As I understand, we (husband and I ) apply using form AN and for our son we use form MN1. Is my understanding correct?

I am currently pregnant and we are expecting a baby in Jan. The new baby will be UK citizen by birth. There are no specific advantages (reduced fees etc for parents of a citizen) if we wait until the baby is born before we apply for OUR naturalisation. Is this correct?

vinny

Re: Child born abroad - Naturalisation - Confusion

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:55 am

tulipz wrote:Hi,
Can someone pls help clarify this for me? I've been hearing conflicting views.

Our son was born in India in 2008. We applied for Tier1 visa AFTER he was born and came to UK in 2009. We (husband, son and me) got our ILR in june 2014.

We are now applying for naturalisation. As I understand, we (husband and I ) apply using form AN and for our son we use form MN1. Is my understanding correct?
Correct.
tulipz wrote:I am currently pregnant and we are expecting a baby in Jan. The new baby will be UK citizen by birth. There are no specific advantages (reduced fees etc for parents of a citizen) if we wait until the baby is born before we apply for OUR naturalisation. Is this correct?
Correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.