ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Necessary questions about Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Few Necessary questions about Naturalization

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:41 am

hi, I am newish to this site but pleased to ask following queries:

1. Will the current naturalization form version 28th October, 2015 will change again after 12th November its when the English language requirement is changing too??

2. will the form version 28th oct, 2015 be valid for December, 2015 applicants??

3. Relating to 5 years of address history will it be strict to mention even the address where you had lived temporary e.g few days/weeks?? Moreover, if someone does not remember the exact dates and addresses of the past 5 years but she just mention the ones she can remember covering 5 years then will it alright??

4. If tax office reference/address is not filled in the relevant space then whether will it lead to rejection?

5. Inside the fee payment slip form, is there any need to fill the section above of card details or is it for HO??

6. just a precaution that if someone lost the HO & council approval letter then can the ceremony be booked if not then how to get these letters replacements??

Kindly provide your experiences and replies generously to serve others too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Few Necessary questions about Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 pm

1. Will the current naturalization form version 28th October, 2015 will change again after 12th November its when the English language requirement is changing too?? Unlikely if a recent one has been published but best to check and keep an eye out in case it does.

2. will the form version 28th oct, 2015 be valid for December, 2015 applicants?? Yes if #1 doesn't happen.

3. Relating to 5 years of address history will it be strict to mention even the address where you had lived temporary e.g few days/weeks?? Moreover, if someone does not remember the exact dates and addresses of the past 5 years but she just mention the ones she can remember covering 5 years then will it alright?? You should provide as much accurate information as you can. HO have access to lots of information about you.

4. If tax office reference/address is not filled in the relevant space then whether will it lead to rejection? If you are employed/working, you need to complete this information. If you are unemployed, it is not necessary.

5. Inside the fee payment slip form, is there any need to fill the section above of card details or is it for HO?? Yes, you need to copmlete your details in this section.

6. just a precaution that if someone lost the HO & council approval letter then can the ceremony be booked if not then how to get these letters replacements?? Suggest you look after them as getting replacements can cause a delay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
1. Will the current naturalization form version 28th October, 2015 will change again after 12th November its when the English language requirement is changing too?? Unlikely if a recent one has been published but best to check and keep an eye out in case it does.

2. will the form version 28th oct, 2015 be valid for December, 2015 applicants?? Yes if #1 doesn't happen.

3. Relating to 5 years of address history will it be strict to mention even the address where you had lived temporary e.g few days/weeks?? Moreover, if someone does not remember the exact dates and addresses of the past 5 years but she just mention the ones she can remember covering 5 years then will it alright?? You should provide as much accurate information as you can. HO have access to lots of information about you.

4. If tax office reference/address is not filled in the relevant space then whether will it lead to rejection? If you are employed/working, you need to complete this information. If you are unemployed, it is not necessary.

5. Inside the fee payment slip form, is there any need to fill the section above of card details or is it for HO?? Yes, you need to copmlete your details in this section.

6. just a precaution that if someone lost the HO & council approval letter then can the ceremony be booked if not then how to get these letters replacements?? Suggest you look after them as getting replacements can cause a delay.
Sorry, can i ask what to fill in #4, is it NI number or ....?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:43 pm

CR001 wrote: 5. Inside the fee payment slip form, is there any need to fill the section above of card details or is it for HO?? Yes, you need to copmlete your details in this section.
Thanks for answer. Inside the payment fee slip form at very above few contents are very confusing like:

Payment slip credit/switch
HO Ref

who and how and what to write there especially in HO REF.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:00 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Sorry, can i ask what to fill in #4, is it NI number or ....?
The Tax Office reference number will be on your payslip, or ask your employer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:04 pm

seagul wrote:
CR001 wrote: 5. Inside the fee payment slip form, is there any need to fill the section above of card details or is it for HO?? Yes, you need to copmlete your details in this section.
Thanks for answer. Inside the payment fee slip form at very above few contents are very confusing like:

HO Ref

Why are you now posting under a different account log-in?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Casa wrote:
seagul wrote:

HO Ref

Why are you now posting under a different account log-in?
lol

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm

seagul wrote:

HO Ref

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Payment slip credit/switch - Not a block that needs to be completed.
HO Ref - BRP reference number or leave blank
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Payment slip credit/switch - Not a block that needs to be completed.
[/color]
thanks cr0.0.1!

is that a block/heading/space and what should need to write there or ignore it with the sense that its heading??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:25 pm

It is fairly obvious that it is a heading for the page and does not need to be completed :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Referee profession list & Section 1.16 & 1.17

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Good evening all,
I have found a list of acceptable referees at here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

I know one referee should be British national but would it be strictly required that 2nd referee strictly fall in the above so called list of profession. Because different in different sectors like private/public/financial & goods & services companies the job titles differs which cannot necessarily fit in these list. Does the NCS staff knows that fact?

Questions:
1. Can a School Examination officer without British passport be a referee without writing his passport number?
2. If applicant write its current address at 1.16 then will it again need to write that address again at 1.17 to complete it to 5 years address history??

zzzindagi

Re: Referee profession list & Section 1.16 & 1.17

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:36 pm

One referee must be a British citizen and over 25 years old and other can be of any nationality. I will suggest you to tell your referee to write his school address in contact details and HO should not have any problem with this. You can leave the Passport number space blank.

If you are living at your present address for more than 5 years then you don't need to fill up 1.17
ZR

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:42 pm

seagul wrote: If applicant write its current address at 1.16 then will it again need to write that address again at 1.17 to complete it to 5 years address history??
I initially thought you wouldn't, until it was pointed out to me that 1.16 doesn't require you to enter the date when you began residing there. So I filled the same address under both 1.16 & 1.17. For 1.17 I entered the date I moved there to present.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:34 am

Thanx for replies. But original main question still unanswered that the 2nd professional referee strictly fall in the above mentioned referee profession list or this list is not exhaustive. Because profession title/designations varies in private/public/financial/goods/services organizations, is not it?? So can a school staff like an examination officer be a referee which does not appear in list but is not its a professional job??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:41 am

seagul wrote:Thanx for replies. But original main question still unanswered that the 2nd professional referee strictly fall in the above mentioned referee profession list or this list is not exhaustive. Because profession title/designations varies in private/public/financial/goods/services organizations, is not it?? So can a school staff like an examination officer be a referee which does not appear in list but is not its a professional job??
Is this person admin staff or a qualified teacher? You should stick to what the list says.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Photographs for naturalization

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi,
As there is no picture guidelines for naturalization application so should the photographs size be passport size like ILR application photographs? If passport sized photographs need for naturalization application then the relevant box is quite bigger on the naturalization form there than passport picture size.
And how many pictures need?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:29 pm

seagul wrote:Hi,
As there is no picture guidelines for naturalization application so should the photographs size be passport size like ILR application photographs? If passport sized photographs need for naturalization application then the relevant box is quite bigger on the naturalization form there than passport picture size.
And how many pictures need?
Please refer to page 11 of the AN Guide, where it clearly states what size photograph to include & what should be written on the reverse side of the photo before pasting it into the space provided on the AN form.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Why the box is bigger on the form than the passport sized photograph? Is ILR pictures sized will be fine for naturalization?

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:36 pm

seagul wrote:Why the box is bigger on the form than the passport sized photograph? Is ILR pictures sized will be fine for naturalization?

I've noticed this too.
However I used the photos from the photo booth and they were fine. It doesn't matter that the box on the forms are slightly bigger.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Address change just after ncs appointment

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 am

Heloooo,
How come if someone is leaving home anytime after making ncs application then what is the most wise action to do. I know first finding new place then applying is wise but I don't want to delay even 1 day because ukba/ukvi policies & forms changes everyday. What's best solution in this situation where just after ncs appointment but before acknowledgement and biometrics letter. What's best solution?

noajthan

Re: Address change just after ncs appointment

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 am

seagul wrote:Heloooo,
How come if someone is leaving home anytime after making ncs application then what is the most wise action to do. I know first finding new place then applying is wise but I don't want to delay even 1 day because ukba/ukvi policies & forms changes everyday. What's best solution in this situation where just after ncs appointment but before acknowledgement and biometrics letter. What's best solution?
1) Notify Home Office of change of address

2) Set up mail forwarding via Royal Mail (post office) to catch any mail that goes to your old address
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Is giving friend home address wise in above mentioned situation or giving your own new address by informing ukba is wise??
Does the change of address delay application or not and does it good idea to apply on your eligibility day and don't wait for new address as because the form & new policy might come??????

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:34 pm

seagul wrote:Is giving friend home address wise in above mentioned situation or giving your own new address by informing ukba is wise??
Does the change of address delay application or not and does it good idea to apply on your eligibility day and don't wait for new address as because the form & new policy might come??????
It has to be your address.

Suggest apply as soon as possible when you are ready & all evidence is available;
You are right you may be caught out by rule &/or requirements changes (or fee increases!) if delaying for no good reason.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Why address should be where the applicant live? Then is it wise not to delay application because of changing address afterwards??