ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not sure about SOC salary requirements?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayaff
Newly Registered

Not sure about SOC salary requirements?

Post by jayaff » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Hey everyone,

Iv'e received my rCoS but a little unsure about the salary requirements for my SOC code 1181. My sponsor did advise I needed an increase in salary for the application which they did - but when I look at the guidelines it is still under the experienced entrant requirement of 32Kish. Am I reading into this incorrectly or is it something that can stop my T2 application... or does the fact that I have the certificate mean its all ok? Im not going to get the chance to speak to the person that did my application before I fly back for my application.

jayaff
Newly Registered

Re: Not sure about SOC salary requirements?

Post by jayaff » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Think ive worked this out - it all adds up if you pro rata my salary up to 39 hours per week.

Is anyone able to confirm if SOC salary allocations are based on a 39 hour week?

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:21 pm

jayaff wrote:Think ive worked this out - it all adds up if you pro rata my salary up to 39 hours per week.

Is anyone able to confirm if SOC salary allocations are based on a 39 hour week?
(For SOC 1181) Salary rates: New entrant: £26,700 / Experienced: £35,500 [Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2014]

The rates are based on a 39-hour working week for all occupations where the salary source used is the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.

So, if experienced salary applies, than you need a minimum of 35K for 39 hours per week (or pro-rated for different hours). Hope this helps.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Apologies..the minimum salary must be 35.5K (not 35K as previously mentioned)

If you want more details, then just google codes_of_practice_april_2015.pdf and you should get the right source.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

hee
Newly Registered

Post by hee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:17 pm

srsw wrote:
jayaff wrote:Think ive worked this out - it all adds up if you pro rata my salary up to 39 hours per week.

(For SOC 1181) Salary rates: New entrant: £26,700 / Experienced: £35,500 [Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2014]

The rates are based on a 39-hour working week for all occupations where the salary source used is the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.

So, if experienced salary applies, than you need a minimum of 35K for 39 hours per week (or pro-rated for different hours). Hope this helps.

Thanks for info - Could you please let me know weekly working hours for soc code 2136 (experienced worker - salary 31,100)

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:18 pm

hee wrote:
Thanks for info - Could you please let me know weekly working hours for soc code 2136 (experienced worker - salary 31,100)
The rates are based on a 39-hour working week for all occupations (in your case 2136) where the salary source used is the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.

hee
Newly Registered

Post by hee » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:16 am

srsw wrote:
hee wrote:
The rates are based on a 39-hour working week for all occupations (in your case 2136) where the salary source used is the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.
Thanks for your reply. In Certificate of sponsor ship letter , my sponsor can mentioned hours weekly as 37.5 and annual earnings minimum as 31100 - does this cause any issue for my tier 2 general application to be rejected.

Another query regarding ILR :

I think we do not require to earn require thresh hold limit £35,500 from 6 April 2018 for soc code 2136 at the time ILR application as per the below link ? page 5

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

If we need to earn the 35500 pounds at the time of ILR application ? so how many months payslips we need to show before my ILR application date to prove that we are being annually at £35,500 to get ILR from 6th April 2018 ?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:27 am

Thanks for your reply. In Certificate of sponsor ship letter , my sponsor can mentioned hours weekly as 37.5 and annual earnings minimum as 31100 - does this cause any issue for my tier 2 general application to be rejected.
No, it doesn't cause any issue. In fact, it's better as you are going to earn more than required. For 37.5 hrs you need to earn minimum of 29904, however, you are being offered 31100, hence it's better.

Having said that, it looks like your employer has mentioned 31100 keeping in mind the SOC code minimum salary. What type of CoS is yours? RCoS or UCoS? Have they done RLMT properly, or are they preferring you for any particular reason?

I think we do not require to earn require thresh hold limit £35,500 from 6 April 2018 for soc code 2136 at the time ILR application as per the below link ? page 5

I think ILR threshold exemption may be for 'Occupations skilled to PhD level'..however, I'm not 100% sure, so someone else could clarify please.

hee
Newly Registered

Post by hee » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:59 am

srsw wrote:
No, it doesn't cause any issue. In fact, it's better as you are going to earn more than required. For 37.5 hrs you need to earn minimum of 29904, however, you are being offered 31100, hence it's better.

Having said that, it looks like your employer has mentioned 31100 keeping in mind the SOC code minimum salary. What type of CoS is yours? RCoS or UCoS? Have they done RLMT properly, or are they preferring you for any particular reason?

I think ILR threshold exemption may be for 'Occupations skilled to PhD level'..however, I'm not 100% sure, so someone else could clarify please.
Thanks for detailed reply.

I have gone through below link, as per details in below mentioned link, I think ILR threshold exemption is only be for 'Occupations skilled to PhD level' not for nqf level 6 job. So we need to earn 35500 to apply for ILR from April 6th 2018 onwards.

my sponsor RTLM is finished - They interviewed applicants out of which I am one among them but they have not found suitable candidates other than me. Hence they agreed to sponsor me.

As I am planning to switch from tier 1 entrepreneur to tier 2 general , they said they are planing to apply for un restricted cos (UCoS) for me.

Please answer to the below query with UK BA links:

At the time of ILR application

1) how many months payslips we need to show before my ILR application date to prove that we are being annually at £35,500 to get ILR from 6th April 2018

or

2) Do we need to earn 35000 salary right while switching to tier 2 general it self ? if that is the case I may not be eligible to ILR as my sponsor has offered me 31110 only

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 am

At the time of ILR application

1) how many months payslips we need to show before my ILR application date to prove that we are being annually at £35,500 to get ILR from 6th April 2018
Not sure. You may find answers in previous posts by others (vaguely remember reading similar query from others)
2) Do we need to earn 35000 salary right while switching to tier 2 general it self ? if that is the case I may not be eligible to ILR as my sponsor has offered me 31110 only
I don't think so. At the time of applying for ILR that rule applies, not when you apply for Tier 2. So you need to find answer for your first question. Anyway, salary increase from 31100 to 35500 in next 3 years sounds possible (if you do well in your job). Make sure you keep moving closer to that salary every year, if possible :roll: