ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Warning Letter from Border Force,Will it affect My ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mickey007

Warning Letter from Border Force,Will it affect My ILR?

Post by mickey007 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi All,

First of all thank you for this great forum for advise and sharing personal experiences .

I Need advice regarding my ILR application which i am going to apply for in FEB 2016.

I received a warning letter about seized goods from border force on heathrow airport jan 2015(I was coming from D0ha and i had more cigarettes than allowed quantity) I was not aware of the limit and it was for personal use.
I was stopped and received a warning letter(Form BOR162 and BOR156).
Although i apologized to the border force there and explained to them i was not aware of the limit.
The Staff in there was helpful and told me be careful next time and only received warning letter.
No court appearance,sentence or penalty was involve. Only a warning letter.

Could your please advise do i have to declare this warning letter in my ILR Application ?
Also will it affect my ILR application by any mean?
Due to this warning letter , is HO is going to do more checks on my case than a normal cases?

I appreciate everyone help

Kind Regards
mickey

ilrvisanow

Re: Warning Letter from Border Force,Will it affect My ILR?

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Tough one. I would think it should have have an advserse impact on your case. However; since it is called 'warning letter" seniors should be able to advice you better.
Wish you good luck.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:39 pm

mickey007 wrote: Due to this warning letter , is HO is going to do more checks on my case than a normal cases?[/i][/b]
Why you worried about that?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 pm

I do not have anything else to be worried but want to make sure this warning letter will not create problem.

I hope a senior member will be able to advise or some one from their experience of same situation.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:42 pm

If Wanderer, who I'm sure would admit to being 'Mr Pessimistic' on the forum, believes you have nothing to worry about...then I'm sure you don't.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

quadusa

Post by quadusa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 am

You don't have to declare nor worry about this as advised.

Section 7 is only about " any criminal convictions, any civil judgments or civil penalties made against you". Warnings are not included

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Many thanks

confused90

Post by confused90 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:56 am

Hello all,

I also had exactly the same scenario, but I was fined £300 which was duly paid off.

Do I need to declare this?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 am

If you bother so much, then you can raise SAR request to HO to find out whether they have details or not. ?

Regards,
Suresh