ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in Employment - Work Permit to Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kbillimoria
Newly Registered

Change in Employment - Work Permit to Work Permit

Post by kbillimoria » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Hello Freinds,

I am currently on a work permit in UK for last one year and curretly consdering change in employment to another employer who is ready to sponsor my work permit. I have a few questions and was hoping that somebody from this forum would be able to help me out:

1. I need to give 1 month notice to my current employer so at what stage I should inform my current employer that I'm resigning. On a time scale how does the change in WP works i.e. how long it does it take, when does it becomes effective from and when can I start working with the new employer. I belive the prospective employer will be sending the documents to home office but until the new WP gets approved, will it have any impact on my current employment status.

2. If my work permit changes to another employer, do I need to apply for a fresh visa - if yes, then do I need to also apply for a fresh dependent visa for my family.

3. How does the change in employer from one WP to another effects the total duration of stay in UK toqualify for ILR.

Would appreciate if anyone could bail me out these miseries.

Thanks for your help.

sydney_chick
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_chick » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Hello - I've changed employment twice now (on my 3rd work permit).
Both times I have changed employment, I have got my new work permit first. It doesn't take very long, generally 5-10 working days. It's the Leave to Remain that takes longer, but thankfully you don't need this to start work.

"2. If my work permit changes to another employer, do I need to apply for a fresh visa - if yes, then do I need to also apply for a fresh dependent visa for my family. "
You need a fresh Leave to Remain, yes. With regards to your family I don't know, I've not got a family so I haven't had that situation.

"3. How does the change in employer from one WP to another effects the total duration of stay in UK toqualify for ILR. "
It all adds up - you need to be on Work Permit arrangement for 5 years, but it doesn't have to be one single work permit.

Hope this helps!