ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents as dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Parents as dependent

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Heloo Everyone,

I need some advice, my parents come here almost every year for first and they are currently here. I would like to apply for their visa a dependent. I and brother are both British national and our sister is here as well. They are depending on us and there is one to look after them in back home. My dad is 62 years old and my mum is 57 years old. Is there any possibility for applying for their dependent visa while they are here? Will really appreciate any advice.

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Parents as dependent

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:49 pm

ilruk84 wrote:Heloo Everyone,

I need some advice, my parents come here almost every year for first and they are currently here. I would like to apply for their visa a dependent. I and brother are both British national and our sister is here as well. They are depending on us and there is one to look after them in back home. My dad is 62 years old and my mum is 57 years old. Is there any possibility for applying for their dependent visa while they are here? Will really appreciate any advice.

Regards
No chance at all. Sorry.

Google Surinder Singh for an option, and Adult Dependant Visa to see why it's really not possible based from UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:58 pm

This route to settlement has been virtually closed since the introduction of far tougher rules. Unless they both need constant help with everyday tasks, such as dressing, bathing, preparing food etc., and that care is either not affordable or is unavailable in their home country, the application will be refused. The issue would be that even if they were incapable of looking after themselves, if you could afford their care in the UK you would be able to afford to cover the cost in their home country, unless they are from a country with a higher cost of living.
Also bear in mind that if you apply for adult dependent visas and the application is refused, they will be unlikely to be granted visitor visas in the future.

Although your parents are well under the retirement age and wouldn't be considered as 'elderly' at 57 and 62 years, this link may be of interest:
http://www.jcwi.org.uk/policy/adult-dependent-relatives
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:33 am

ilruk84 wrote:my parents come here almost every year
ilruk84 wrote:I and brother are both British national and our sister is here as well.
Wow. To be honest, I am surprised that they get visit visas at all.

The UK government is tightening the interpretation of the Imigration Rules, which already state that the applicant must not be seen to be residing in the UK in the guise of a visit visa. There is at least one recent known case on these forums where a visit visa was not only refused, but existing visa curtailed on the grounds that the parents were residing in the UK on a visit visa.

Also, given the fact that many siblings of yours are here as well, they could be refused on the grounds that their ties to the UK are stronger than those back home.

Casa has already highlighted the difficulties of applying for an Adult Dependent Relative visa. I will only add that a key factor is that the care must be unaffordable in their home country. There have been only 34 known approvals of these visas since 2012 when these new requirements were introduced, most of which were either after appeals under the older rules before 2012 or for parents from countries like the US and Canada, where old age care cost is higher or at par with that of the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:02 am

ilruk84 wrote:Heloo Everyone,

Regards
Hi,
BritCits are trying to get this issue sorted via court they need some money to do that please read here and donate so they can start this process. http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/ ... rules.html

Thanks