ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel Immediately after applying for Naturalisation a

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shace26

Can I travel Immediately after applying for Naturalisation a

Post by shace26 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:48 am

Hi All

1.I usually work 2 days in Netherlands, but I travel on Monday and return on Tuesday. as per AN guide, I am not absent from the UK. should I include these travel dates and enter 0 on days of absence or will it be 1. Only reason I am asking is that I have loads of exit stamps on my passport. I have 22 occurrence of the above in last year.

2.I have the NCS appointment on 20/11/15 but will be travelling on next Monday (23/11/15).
after reading the AN guide I am bit confused, do I have to be physically present in the UK at the time Home office gets my application, for example if I give my documents on 20/11/15 and travel outside UK for a week starting 23/11/15 and Home Office gets my documents while I am abroad will this be a problem? my question should I cancel my trip on 23/11/15.

3. How do we show proof of residence for last 5 years? I will be taking my passport however do we have to give other documents such as employment letters, bank statements etc to prove that i was physically living in the UK?

It will be great if someone can advise on the above

Thank you

Shah

shace26

Re: Can I travel Immediately after applying for Naturalisati

Post by shace26 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:02 pm

This may help someone, I just called the NCS and they advised that we should be physically present at the time naturalisation application is received at UKBA.
usually they advice not to travel for week.

I have re-schedule my appointment to 1/12/15

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:15 pm

They have advised you incorrectly and are wrong. You are free to travel once you have submitted your application. The requirement to be in the UK at the time HO receives was change a couple of years ago.

The requirement you have to meet though, is that you must have been physically present on exactly the same date 5 years ago to the date you submit your application.

Regarding your proof of residence question, you don't say through which route you are applying (EU citizen or non-EU) and the requirements are therefore different.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shace26

Post by shace26 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi CR001
Thank you for your comments. honestly I am not an expert on this, however when I searched on the internet I have read conflict answers on travel, hence I called NCS. this is the Hatfield NCS and they advised me to change the date.

anyway 10 days wont make a big difference so I change it to 1/12/15 because I will be out of UK from 23rd to 27/11/15.

I got my ILR through tier-1 and got it on 10/4/14
below are my document check list requested by NCS Hatfield(please let me know if I have missed anything)

1) AN form October 2015
2)ILR BRP Card
3)Passport covering last 5 years
4)Life in the UK Original
5)Degree cerficate
6)Driving license or Bank statements
7)10 Year work history in UK

also when they says 10 year work history, is P60's, pay slips or just need to fill only the details in the form(still confused on this)

Shah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:02 pm

just need to fill only the details in the form
Still wasn't necessary to change the date though as you are free to travel but yes, 10 days is not long.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:14 pm

shace26 wrote:below are my document check list requested by NCS Hatfield(please let me know if I have missed anything)

1) AN form October 2015
2)ILR BRP Card
5)Degree cerficate
Payment slip.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:49 pm

And is your degree a UK degree?

You don't need bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:30 pm

NCS people are not enough trained to give right information. So be careful when you are using NCS service. :twisted:
*The gravity*

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 pm

shace26 wrote:below are my document check list requested by NCS Hatfield(please let me know if I have missed anything)

1) AN form October 2015
2)ILR BRP Card
5)Degree cerficate

also when they says 10 year work history, is P60's, pay slips or just need to fill only the details in the form(still confused on this)
P60's and payslips are not required. Just fill in the details mentioned in the form (item 7). Bank statements not required. As far as I'm aware the Driving licence would only be required if you used that as the ID when doing the LITUK test or possibly if you have declared that you have any driving related offences in the AN form. If your degree is a foreign degree then either PBS printout or NARIC letter.

shace26

Post by shace26 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 am

Thank you all for the replies.

Yes I did the degree in The UK so I believe degree certificate and official transcript should fulfil the English requirement?

when I did the LIUK I showed the Tier-1 BRP card as my identity and UKBA took it at the time of ILR BRP, I hope this will not be an issue.

Also called HMRC on 0300 200 3300 to get a work history, they will be sending the details on post within 2 weeks.

If I am leaving my current job end of Dec 2015 and joining a new company should I mention this in the application?

Can I use 2 of my managers as referees?
e.g. Referee 1: Systems Manager- Sales
Referee 2: Systems Manager - Supply chain

Thank you
Shah