ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse points - colud you clarify

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phantom
Newly Registered

Spouse points - colud you clarify

Post by Phantom » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:47 am

Hello, everybody,
could you, please, clarify some issues about the spose points.

My understanding is (based on the leaflet) is that for those not married officially there is a requirement to have lived together for at least two years in order to score points.

But for those who are married officially there is no requirement to necessariy have lived together for that long. Is that right?

The thing is that there have alsready been several cases when couples who are married for about 1 year were asked to supply additional evidence that they've lived together for 2 years. Why is that?

Now we are really worried. We've been married for a year and lived together for a year (not 2 years). We supplied plenty of evidence in support of our marriage and relationship. So what - we won't get the spouse points just because we haven't lived together before the marriage?!

rella

Re: Spouse points - colud you clarify

Post by rella » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:33 pm

Phantom wrote:Hello, everybody,
could you, please, clarify some issues about the spose points.

My understanding is (based on the leaflet) is that for those not married officially there is a requirement to have lived together for at least two years in order to score points.

But for those who are married officially there is no requirement to necessariy have lived together for that long. Is that right?
That is incorrect. The rules for living together for two years apply to all couples -- both married and unmarried.
The thing is that there have alsready been several cases when couples who are married for about 1 year were asked to supply additional evidence that they've lived together for 2 years. Why is that?
It's common in many countries for couples to live together before they are legally married. As an example, if a couple lived together 2 years prior to marriage in a relationship similar to marriage and were only married legally for 6 months, the partner points would be awarded.
Now we are really worried. We've been married for a year and lived together for a year (not 2 years). We supplied plenty of evidence in support of our marriage and relationship. So what - we won't get the spouse points just because we haven't lived together before the marriage?!
HSMP doesn't care if you are married or not. They care if you've lived together for at least two years. We've been married for 22 years and we submitted our orginal marriage license. But the only other documentation we had was a year or less old, as we had moved and didn't have ready access to our files. They are asking for more proof that we've lived together for the last two years, even though we've been married for over two decades!

Sorry, but if you haven't been living together for at least two years, married or not, you will not be awarded the partner points.

shuma_shayan

marriage date

Post by shuma_shayan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:23 pm

I submitted my application on 25th May 2004 , but 2 years will be completed in october 2004 , will I be able to get spouse points because at the time of application it wasnt complete 2 years but at the time of processing it will be more than 2 years
please reply