ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the AAT accounting quaification person to be my referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minne
Newly Registered

Can the AAT accounting quaification person to be my referee

Post by Minne » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi, I have a friend is working in an accounting firm. He has AAT qualification and he is doing his ACA accounting qualification. Can he be my professional referee? Thank you.

noajthan

Re: Can the AAT accounting quaification person to be my refe

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Minne wrote:Hi, I have a friend is working in an accounting firm. He has AAT qualification and he is doing his ACA accounting qualification. Can he be my professional referee? Thank you.
If an 'accountant' (of professional standing) he could be if he's known you for enough years;
also if not a relative, not related to other referee, not your representative, nor a criminal with unspent conviction.

Ref: guidance, para 6.3.7:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf

& list of acceptable professions:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Minne
Newly Registered

Post by Minne » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi, thank you for your help. We have known each other for over three years. He's actually an analyst in an accounting company with AAT qualtification. He is not actually doing accounting work. Is he still be able to be my referee?

JAMES11
Newly Registered

Post by JAMES11 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:21 pm

NO, i don't think so, AAT just base accountant level, its not charted professional yet. AAT is entry level for accountant degree.
Here is qualified one: ACCA.CIPFA, ICAEW, CIMA and ICAS.