ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance after work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phss
Newly Registered

Entry clearance after work permit

Post by phss » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm

Hello all,

After an unsuccessful first try, I've finally got my work permit. Thus, the next logical step is to apply for an entry clearance right?

So, I was wondering how hard is to get an EC with an WP. Since I have an WP, it means I've already secured a job, thus it would be easier to prove I can maintain myself. Is there any issue I should be concerned?

sydney_chick
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_chick » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:02 pm

I've not found it difficult - only lengthy sometimes and costly (always). I think it's about £350 for the Leave to Remain (which is the EC you are talking about).
It's rare for it to be knocked back if you have the WP. I've done it successfully 3 times now.