ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PDF bank statements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

PDF bank statements

Post by rshelar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 am

Hi,

I am a UK citizen and planning to invite a family member to UK on a short term visitor visa.

The visitor will provide original bank statements, but as a sponsor is it OK

- If I provide the bank statements that I get as pdf electronically. Can I simply email them to the applicant?

- For the invitation letter can I scan and send to the applicant?

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: PDF bank statements

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:31 am

rshelar wrote:Hi,

I am a UK citizen and planning to invite a family member to UK on a short term visitor visa.

The visitor will provide original bank statements, but as a sponsor is it OK

- If I provide the bank statements that I get as pdf electronically. Can I simply email them to the applicant? Online statements must be stamped & signed by the issuing bank.

- For the invitation letter can I scan and send to the applicant? Yes as long as it has your signature.

Regards
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Casa,

Thanks for your reply

Online statements must be stamped & signed by the issuing bank.

I see online statements of two kinds

- One where you can export transactions in an excel file or print out of bank statements. These normally do not have account details.

I understand these need to be stamped and signed.

- One where the exact version of postal statement is available as a pdf copy to save and download. They are liked scanned version of postal statement.

I am referring to these and if they need to be stamped and signed?

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:13 pm

I've given you my opinion....it's your call. With the right programme it's possible to edit PDFs, so personally I would be wary of submitting them.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks Casa.

I think that I will go with posting just to be on the safer side.

Regards