ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On final FLR(M) period - seperation & implications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LaPra
Newly Registered

On final FLR(M) period - seperation & implications

Post by LaPra » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello,

I came to the uk in feb 2009 on WP and left jul 2009 back home once the business was finished.

I got married.

Then I came back in feb 2010 on another WP and stayed here continuously on my own WP till Oct 2012 and then applied for FLR(M) and got that from Nov 2012.

I had applied for my FLR(M) extn and got this by jun 2015 which is now valid till early 2017.

Husband is british citizen and so is child born to us in 2010. Lately we have been discussing separation but I want to live with my child in the uk. I have a permanent job with a reputed uk firm and can fend for myself and son.

If we do decide on separation, what are the alternate routes I have to apply ILR directly in 2017?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: On final FLR(M) period - seperation & implications

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:51 pm

LaPra wrote:If we do decide on separation, what are the alternate routes I have to apply ILR directly in 2017?
None.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LaPra
Newly Registered

Post by LaPra » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 am

so what are my options with respect to citizenship...is there no method of applying on exception then?

LaPra
Newly Registered

Post by LaPra » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Sorry to resurrect thread but I wanted to find out, when I'm on this final period and if I separate from my husband, do I need to apply for flr(fp) again or can I remain on the same flr(m) visa until 2017 end when it finishes and apply for set(o).

Basically will I need to go through flr(fp) on that basis of my son for another 5 yrs, or if I separate now, since I was already on flr(m) for 2.5 yrs and if I get flr(fp) now, can I aggregate both leaves and apply for ilr straight after 1st period of flr(fp)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:20 pm

LaPra wrote:Sorry to resurrect thread but I wanted to find out, when I'm on this final period and if I separate from my husband, do I need to apply for flr(fp) again or can I remain on the same flr(m) visa until 2017 end when it finishes and apply for set(o). No you can't stay on FLR(M) if the marriage is NOT subsisting and it is not Set(O) for spouse visas it is Set(M).

Basically will I need to go through flr(fp) on that basis of my son for another 5 yrs, or if I separate now, since I was already on flr(m) for 2.5 yrs and if I get flr(fp) now, can I aggregate both leaves and apply for ilr straight after 1st period of flr(fp)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.