ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it normal that it takes so long?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:03 pm

I sent my application by post (recorded delivery) over a month ago and it has been delivered. Money still hasnt been taken from my account and Ive seen on this forum that it usually takes 2 weeks or so for payment to be cleared. Should I be worried?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: is it normal that it takes so long?

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:08 pm

It can take a few weeks. There was likely an influx of applications before the language requirement change on 5/12 November which might be causing delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi,

My wife sent her AN Application on 3rd Nov and still waiting for fees to be deducted.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:02 pm

So finally I got a letter confirming that my application has been received . Unfortunately its says that payment has been declined so I dont know what has happen. Phoned bank and there was no request made at all. Thats odd.
They ask me to send that payment form again BUT it also asks me to have biometric done. It says I have to pay within 14 days and have biometric info done withing 15 days. And here I need help, it says : ''You have to pay outstanding balance before providing biometrics. If you have not paid the full fee amd enrolled your biometrics within the specified timescales , your application may be considered invalid ''
What do I do? I can send this payment form again, on Monday and also go for biometrics on Monday but is this what they want? Or do I need to send payment form first? But will this payment reach them within those 2 weeks??
What to do?

thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Agusya wrote:So finally I got a letter confirming that my application has been received . Unfortunately its says that payment has been declined so I dont know what has happen. Phoned bank and there was no request made at all. Thats odd.
They ask me to send that payment form again BUT it also asks me to have biometric done. It says I have to pay within 14 days and have biometric info done withing 15 days. And here I need help, it says : ''You have to pay outstanding balance before providing biometrics. If you have not paid the full fee amd enrolled your biometrics within the specified timescales , your application may be considered invalid ''
What do I do? I can send this payment form again, on Monday and also go for biometrics on Monday but is this what they want? Or do I need to send payment form first? But will this payment reach them within those 2 weeks??
What to do?

thanks
Oh dear you need to act fast to sort this out.

Do you have copy of original payment form?
Any typos in card details?
Did you check & enter correct amounts?

You can send new form by first class or express delivery service.
Make sure it is sent by recorded delivery or some other tracked service.
That will arrive at HO in a day or so.

If you miss the biometrics timeslot you will get a 2nd warning letter about biometrics and a final 10-day window in which to enrol.

Suggest pay - asap.

If payment is taken within first biometrics window then do biometrics.
if you miss that window you get the one last shot.

Remember to keep a copy of the payment form you send.
Make sure bank is aware of large amount to be withdrawn & that you have funds available.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 pm

thanks for your reply!
Ive posted payment slip today, recorded delivery. For biometrics I will need it to be paid so will I receive payment confirmation by post or can I take bank statement with that payment on it, to Post Office? Would that work or should I wait for confirmation by letter? Hope it wont take another 2 months to arrive haha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:18 pm

The Post Office won't want to see proof of your application payment to HO. Wait a few days or submit biometrics on the last day or second to last day of your letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:48 pm

I sent payment slip on Monday using recorded delivery. Today is Saturday and it still hasnt been processed. Im a bit worried. how soon after missing biometrics will I get 2nd letter re this? I dont know what HO staff doing in their offices but they are doing it very slowly ... What if they wont get my payment (for whatever reason) and I will miss my 2nd biometrics and lets say they will get my payment after all that?
This whole thing is super expensive and stressful :(

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:49 pm

What if Im going to do biometrics before they take a payment? Will they even notice?

abz

Post by abz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:01 am

Agusya wrote:I sent payment slip on Monday using recorded delivery. Today is Saturday and it still hasnt been processed. Im a bit worried. how soon after missing biometrics will I get 2nd letter re this? I dont know what HO staff doing in their offices but they are doing it very slowly ... What if they wont get my payment (for whatever reason) and I will miss my 2nd biometrics and lets say they will get my payment after all that?
This whole thing is super expensive and stressful :(
Mate, dont worry about payment going through, its gona take slight more than two weeks (so make sure you have enough balance in your account), get your biometrics done as soon as you can. (Telling from personal experience)

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:59 pm

thanks for your reply!
Will go to post office tomorrow (dead line is Wed) how long it takes to have it done there? Is it all done on a day? I dont need to make an appointment, do I? and they will only need HO letter, nothing else?

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Agusya wrote:Will go to post office tomorrow (dead line is Wed) how long it takes to have it done there? Is it all done on a day? I dont need to make an appointment, do I? and they will only need HO letter, nothing else?
Depends if there's a queue; Yes; You do not; Correct.

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Ive been to have it done and had to pay £19.20, woman at the desk said it sometimes happens- that fee to be paid comes up. How do I get it refunded?

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:32 pm

LOL Im totally special, thats an extra fee for post office ;)

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:40 pm

I dont get it, payment still hasnt been cleared. It has been 2.5 month since Ive applied. Im a bit worried.

nohan682
Newly Registered

Post by nohan682 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:29 pm

any updates on your payment???

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Are you paying by debit card? You should check with your bank that the payment wasn't automatically blocked. Some of the banks' anti-fraud systems are overly sensitive.