ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Existing CoS transfer to new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Existing CoS transfer to new employer

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi,

Currently I am on tier 2 general visa valid till June 2017. Now I have got a new job offer with new higher designation but with similar job profile and would like to join the new employer.

My new employer is saying that they need to complete RLMT and then instead of applying an new CoS they can transfer CoSsponsor name (existing employer) to their name (new employer). New Employer even told that the transfer of CoS will take 2 weeks of time and validity of CoS will remain same as earlier.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to transfer the existing valid CoS to new employer with same validity date or the new employer has to issue a new CoS? If it is transferable what is the further process ? Do I need to make a fresh application ?

2. Is there any change in law regarding switching employer under Tier 2 visa?

Thanks.

Amit

tier2hunter
Newly Registered

Re: Existing CoS transfer to new employer

Post by tier2hunter » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:09 pm

1. IMHO, CoS associated with an employer is not transferable. You new employer needs to issue a new CoS after RLMT if they could not find any resident labour.
You need to make a fresh application for Change of Employment application.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

2. As of now, No.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Cooling off ? : New Tier 2 General Visa outside UK

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi,

Currently I am on Tier 2 General migrant visa and might leave the job and go back to home country (India) in December...I might receive a new offer of employment next year and would like to come back again.

After leaving my current job my existing Tier 2 general migrant visa will get cancelled so my question is can I go back to my home country and apply a fresh Tier 2 general visa application or the cooling off period also applies in my case? I assume cooling off period 12 month applies for people changing from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 general if they are outside UK.

does this cooling off (12 months) also applies to people who wish to re-apply fresh Tier 2 general migrant outside UK?

Please confirm.

Thanks.
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:09 pm

tier2hunter wrote:1. IMHO, CoS associated with an employer is not transferable. You new employer needs to issue a new CoS after RLMT if they could not find any resident labour.
You need to make a fresh application for Change of Employment application.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

2. As of now, No.
Thanks for your advice.

RMLT is already going on and will be over by 7th December 2015.I can see the job post also in job sites :)

If RMLT is successfully done, Do they still need to make a fresh application for change of employment?

If existing CoS is not transferable then how much time they would need to issue a new CoS?

Thanks again
amit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Cooling off ? : New Tier 2 General Visa outside UK

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks for your help.

In my case when switching from existing Tier 2 general visa to new Tier 2 general visa, can it be done using unrestricted CoS which could be issued within couple of days or do I need to get the restricted CoS which can only be allocated once a month?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:33 pm

UKV&I's definition of "switching" is explained here.
So, will you be switching?

If so, you need uCoS.
If not, then rCoS (close to end of the 12 month cooling-off period).

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 - Changing Employers Guide

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi,

I am also in process of applying a new Tier 2 general migrant Change of employment within UK and would like to use premium service for my application.

While booking a premium service appointment the application form name is appearing in some code and I am not able to find out which one is for Tier 2 general migrant. Following application code exist in the link https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk:

BRP(RC)
CR1-CR5
EEA (QP)
FLR(AF)
FLR(FP)
FLR(M)
FLR(O)
NTL
PBS Dependant (Tiers 1 and 5)
SET(AF)
SET(F)
SET(LR)
SET(M)
SET(O)
TIER 5

Please confirm which one is for Tier 2 premium service.
Thanks.
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Tier 2 premium service application process

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am in process of applying for a new Tier 2 general migrant change of employment and would like to know what is end to end process for the same.

Here is my understanding:

Step 1: Book a premium service appointment using the site https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ and pay the premium fees.

Application form are appearing in codes, not sure which one is for Tier 2 general. please let us know which one can be used for Tier 2 general.

Step 2: Apply online Tier 2 visa application using the site https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/. I am not sure of any paper based application which can used instead of online application

Step 3: Visit the premium service centre on your appointment date

Step 4: Submit the form and bio metric data

Step 5: Get the result and your document back on same day

Step 6: BRP will come to your home address in 5-7 days

Please can any one confirm if the steps are fine or please provide more useful information

Thanks.
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Curtailment time - 60 days to find new sponsor

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi

I am on a tier 2 General with dependants and have resigned from current job.

My last work day with my current employer is 23rd Dec 2015. My employer told me that they will inform UKBA on 23rd Dec about my resignation and tier 2 visa cancellation.

I am having a job offer with a new employer , RLMT is done and CoS will be assigned in couple of week after completion of pre joining formalities.

So my concern is how many days I can stay in UK after 23rd Dec without a job/sponsor to get a new sponsorship. is it 60 days ; How the days will be counted? will it be from 23rd Dec 2015 plus 60 days ? Will they send a letter mentioning this to my home?

the current visa is valid until December 2016.

will that be ok In case if I get a new CoS after I leave my current job and apply within next 60 days for a new Tier 2 visa?

Thanks you for the help.

Regards,
Amit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:10 pm

1. Application form code - None of the ones listed. Use the "apply online" link on this page and follow the steps in there.
2. PSC application procedure: Step 1 & 2: Use link I've given above; Step 4: documentary evidences too; Step 5: Hopefully, but there is no guarantee; Step 6: Within 10 working days of approval.
3. Within 60days from the day of receiving curtailment notice or before your current leave expires, whichever is the earlier date.

And, please keep your queries in a single topic.