ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language document proof

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moloyghatak
Newly Registered

English Language document proof

Post by moloyghatak » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:08 am

Hello All,
I got permanent residency i.e. ILR on 4th November 2014 through Tier 1 General Migrant route. I am supposed to apply for British Naturalisation soon. While checking the rules in https://www.gov.uk/english-language, I have some doubt and need your clarification.

My master degree was taught in English and it was coming in point based calculator previously everytime (while first application of Tier 1 general migrant visa, extension after 3 years and ILR application last year). I submitted my original certificate along with point based calculator print out for the same while application for visa. I carried same documents everytime. I am attaching the point based based calculator print out that I used during ILR. I have original master degree certificate as well which I can show anytime and will carry this time as well during nationality checking service.

Issue is Now I can not find Tier 1 General Migrant category in point based calculator anymore. Please check this link:
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ces#footer

What should I do now?
Do I carry old point based calculator print out that I used before? (attached in this mail)
Or do I need to pass English qualification at B1, B2, C1 or C2 level
as mentioned in first point now in rule?

Please clarify me.
Thank you very much for your cooperation

Thanks & Regards
MG

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: English Language document proof

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:39 am

many people used tier 2 points based calculator in place of t1 General without any problems

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

call2bala

Re: PBS print-English Language document proof?

Post by call2bala » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello Sushmehta

Sorry I have to ask this specific question because, I couldn't get a clear idea for my case from the sticky posts for English language points.
My wife got ILR as a dependent in 2013 and she got 10 points for English language in Tier-2 points based calculator. Her degree was taught in English.She will apply for AN naturalisation next month.

I still don't know if the home office going to accept Tier-2 points based calculator print out for Degree taught in English for a person applying after Nov2015.

Please let me your thoughts on this.

Thanks
sushdmehta wrote:Q3

moloyghatak
Newly Registered

Post by moloyghatak » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:48 pm

I called homeoffice nationality helpline and they confirmed as Tier 1 category does not exist anymore, those who used Tier 1 point based calculator before can use Tier 2 to get the english language proof page. Thus check as Tier 2 and go to english language page part. That can be used

moloyghatak
Newly Registered

two points from form AN and MN1

Post by moloyghatak » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi All,
I have two open points from forms of Naturalisation
1. In section 1.1 of form AN :
Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency, or Home Office reference numbers

What is this? Where from we get this - Please help

2. In form MN1 section 1.1

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.

what the right answer when children born in UK and then parents did not have ILR (from Tier 1) route
seems it should be section 1(3)

Please help
Thank you

noajthan

Re: two points from form AN and MN1

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:40 am

moloyghatak wrote:Hi All,
I have two open points from forms of Naturalisation
1. In section 1.1 of form AN :
Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency, or Home Office reference numbers

What is this? Where from we get this - Please help

2. In form MN1 section 1.1

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.

what the right answer when children born in UK and then parents did not have ILR (from Tier 1) route
seems it should be section 1(3)

Please help
Thank you
Quote any reference you may have from related HO letters. Leave blank if you have none.

Yes, section 1(3) of BNA for UK-born child.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.