ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Indian Passport and OCI for both Father,daughter

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Surrender Indian Passport and OCI for both Father,daughter

Post by s0787671 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:31 am

Dear Members,

I will receive my citizenship certificate on 25/11/2015. How do proceed with surrender and OCI.
Secondly,
My daughter who was born in UK, in July this year has a birth certificate, can I get OCI for her with just submitting one of us parents passport copies or does it need me to have a OCI for the process.

Thank you
Bharat

secret.simon

Re: Surrender Indian Passport and OCI for both Father,daught

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 am

These sound like questions for the Other Countries forum, as they appertain more to the surrender of Indian passport and acquisition of OCI than to anything to do with British citizenship. Can the mods please move this thread?

To the OP: After you get your naturalisation, you will need to apply for a British passport. Once you get your British passport, you can apply for a surrender certificate, followed by the application for OCI.

I do not have information on OCI and would wait for others to comment.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Surrender Indian Passport and OCI for both Father,daught

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Under clause 4 (page 2) of this document, read 7A(1)(c) and 7A(1)(d).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!