ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to UK after deception

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ebo
Newly Registered

Returning to UK after deception

Post by Ebo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi all,

My wife's spouse visa application (leave to remain NOT enter) was refused last year due to being accused of using deception to obtain sufficient ETS exam results.

We appealed this decision once and it has been dismissed. The judge even dismissed my Human Rights/Article 8 and expected I should also go back to Nepal and start life there with my wife! I have lived in the UK all my life.

I feel the judge's decision is very harsh and we have the option to appeal his decision. However we are thinking that she should go back home and make a fresh application instead.

1. What are the chances of her fresh application being refused under 320(11)?
2. Would this deception be classed as 'aggravating circumstances'? When looking at the list of aggravating circumstances on the UKVI website I fail to find an example that fits her case. To be honest all the examples seem so much more serious.
3. Would you recommend to appeal again or submit a fresh out-of-country applciation?Appeals seem to take forever and this last one took 1 year due to postponements by the Tribunal

Some key points:
- In her 5 years in the UK, she has never overstayed or breached any other immigration laws and has always worked within the allowed hours.
- I have lived in the UK all my life and am a British Citizen.
- She is still in the UK and all appeals so far have been in-country appeals.
- Deception was (acc)used for a leave to remain application and not for entry clearance.

Any help and guidance is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Returning to UK after deception

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 pm

It makes no difference for what application 'deception' was used. It is what it is and if she did use deception, she can't explain her way out of it.

You could try the Surinder Sighn (google it) route via another EU country for 6-12 months and then return under the EU directive with EEA Family Member.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ebo
Newly Registered

Post by Ebo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Thank you CR001 for your prompt response.

Although we would like to appeal this decision, she has to return home for urgent reason. If her application is refused from abroad and we appeal, can we still argue against the harsh probabilistic decisions made on the first appeal?

Again, any help is always appreciated.

immigrant786
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant786 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi Ebo

When was the ETS Certificate submitted with previous application?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 am

Did she use deception?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.