ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need a work permit in the Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chouchou
Newly Registered

Do i need a work permit in the Netherlands

Post by Chouchou » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:05 am

Hi All,

I have an enquiry to make. I have been granted to indefinite leave to remain in the uk in 2001. Will apply for citizienship soon when i get the money. But i have been given a job in Holland, do i need a work permit or working visa there in the meantime that my brittish passport comes thru.

Many thanks all for your replys.

Kindly regards
Chouchou :wink:

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 pm

yes you do need a work permit, tell the employer to get you a kennis migrant work visa for you

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:57 pm

Your post implies strongly that you do not currently hold citizenship with an EU Member State.

Until you do, immigration rules for non-EU/non-EEA national apply.

The exception to that would be if you are employed in the UK by a UK firm and they needed you to do some tasks for that firm in another EU State. Some paperwork needs be in order, but that is possible.

But you seem to have an offer for a new job with a new employer, therefore not qualifying for such an exception.

the Admin

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Do i need a work permit in the Netherlands

Post by sakura » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:57 pm

Chouchou wrote:Hi All,

I have an enquiry to make. I have been granted to indefinite leave to remain in the uk in 2001. Will apply for citizienship soon when i get the money. But i have been given a job in Holland, do i need a work permit or working visa there in the meantime that my brittish passport comes thru.

Many thanks all for your replys.

Kindly regards
Chouchou :wink:
Why did you not apply for naturalisation sooner, before the test and fees hike?

In any case, until you have the certificate of naturalisation, you are not an EU/EEA citizen and therefore need a visa to work in another EU/EEA member state.

The passport isn't really the proof (alone) of your nationality, as many people are without; it is the certificate you need, really.

seabhcan

Post by seabhcan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:41 pm

I think there is a danger that if you leave the UK to work in another country that it will effect your application for UK citizenship.

You should check this out - but if you are applying for citizenship based on residence in the UK, you surely have to be resident in the UK!

Chouchou
Newly Registered

Post by Chouchou » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:31 am

All,

Thank you all for your replies. It was very helpfull.

Many thanks once again

NN