ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues booking ceremony within 21 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arpit.tayal

Issues booking ceremony within 21 days

Post by arpit.tayal » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:36 pm

I called my local council team this morning to book the citizenship ceremony.

They advised me that the available date is 9th December 2015. I am unable to attend the ceremony on 9th of December 2015. I asked them about the next available slot but they had no information.

I am worried because the letter says to contact the council and book the ceremony within the 21 days of the letter. The letter was dated 13th November 2015 (I received it on 19th November 2015).

Any advice is welcome.

Regards

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: Issues booking ceremony within 21 days

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:44 pm

it may be worth seeing how much private ceremony costs...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:08 pm

averagejodie wrote:it may be worth seeing how much private ceremony costs...
That won't be necessary:
"If your application is successful and you are living in the UK, you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony. You will receive an invitation letter from the Home Office and this will confirm the local authority you should contact to arrange your ceremony. We expect you to arrange to attend a ceremony within 3 months of receiving your invitation otherwise it will expire and you will have to reapply for naturalisation and pay a further processing fee.

Call the local Council again and ask them to register your name for the next available ceremony after the December date.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

arpit.tayal

Post by arpit.tayal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks. I was able to book ceremony for 16th December.

A step closer :)