ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help Applying for Extended EEA Family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

M00304525
Newly Registered

please help Applying for Extended EEA Family permit

Post by M00304525 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:30 am

Hi All,

New to the forum!

Me and my wife need some assistance applying for her mum to come over to the UK

our current situation is like this:

I am a dutch national and my wife is a Chinese national with a EEA2 visa. now we are trying to get her mum to come over to the UK as well, and we are told that if we apply for a EEA family visa and then once she is here we can apply for a Extended Family visa to stay for a further maximum of 5 years.

My question is I am currently trying to submit the visa application on Visa4UK website, however I can not find the category EEA family permit visa on the website.

the closest I found was Other-> EEA/swiss family member - > family of EEA national. but this route seems like the one i have done to go go through for my wifes visa which is EEA2.

is anyone able to clarify which option visa we need to choose, as we are trying to do this ourselves as Solicitors have quoted us minimum of 1000 pounds to do this for us. and that just seems rather expensive for a visa that is issued for free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

seekingadvice87

Re: please help Applying for Extended EEA Family permit

Post by seekingadvice87 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi there,

Yes it's the same route.
Depending on where your mother in law is from, you apply first for an EEA Family permit valid for six months followed by an EEA residence card valid for five years if she plans on staying beyond the initial six months.

I think for your mother in law, you may need to show that she is a dependant parent. My reply is just to get you started so wait for the pros to reply also!

faizfdisk
Newly Registered

Post by faizfdisk » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:50 am

hi,
can anyone help please on this one i am really not sure what is the best way to do.

I am Non EEA family member holding (EEA residence card for 5 years) my wife EEA national live and work in UK for last 4 years.
i am trying to get my mother here in UK to join us as she is financially dependent on us as we send regular money in her bank from my wife's bank account monthly basis for last 2 years.
we already tried family visit visa 2 times about 1 year ago which has been refused because HO believe that she is dependent on us and will never go back which wasnot the case before but now yes we really want her to join us permanently now due to her health issues.

so the question is she comes under EEA extended family members category if yes then what documents should i submit to HO and which application form should i use for it.
i will really appreciate any advise

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:32 pm

For Family Permit start here:
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview
- refer eligibilty criteria; a dependent parent is a direct family member (not 'extended family')
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Hassam12
Newly Registered

Post by Hassam12 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 am

Hello
I am a non eu spouse of eea national working in uk i am currently having eea2 permit i was wishing to invite my parents here in uk by eea family permit.iwas confused about how to prove dependency as they get financial support from my business in pakistan(where i came from) and transaction are only held in pakistani bank accounts as i moved here in uk they still get support from my business in paistan.how can i prove that in front of ukba to get them a family pemit? or if there is any other way ? please can anyone help ?