ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london2016
BANNED

Form enquiry

Post by london2016 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 am

Dear board

I need to apply for my citizenship in the new year .

Question:

- The form I got online got no form to put my payment details to pay for the fees. Can anyone advise ?

- I got my ILR this year on 20 February. Does anyone know should I apply on the date next year or can I do it a few days after that date that I got my ILR on?

- Life in UK test And English EsOl that I used it last year to apply for my ILR, can I use the same certificates and results or do I need to do it again?

Thanks

God bless

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form enquiry

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 am

london2016 wrote:Question:

- The form I got online got no form to put my payment details to pay for the fees. Can anyone advise ?
Last page in This link (click)

- I got my ILR this year on 20 February. Does anyone know should I apply on the date next year or can I do it a few days after that date that I got my ILR on?
You can apply anytime AFTER you have held ILR for a full 12 month (unless married to a British citizen). You should also make sure that on the date you apply, you were physically present in the UK on the exact same date 5 years ago as if you were not, your application will be refused.

- Life in UK test And English EsOl that I used it last year to apply for my ILR, can I use the same certificates and results or do I need to do it again?
Esol is no longer accepted after 12 November 2015. Life in the UK does not expire.
Thanks

God bless
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
london2016 wrote:Question:

Last page in This link (click)

You can apply anytime AFTER you have held ILR for a full 12 month (unless married to a British citizen). You should also make sure that on the date you apply, you were physically present in the UK on the exact same date 5 years ago as if you were not, your application will be refused.

Esol is no longer accepted after 12 November 2015. Life in the UK does not expire.
Thanks

God bless
The form actually says that you can apply on 20/01/2016 if you were in the country on 21/01/2011. Please advicewhat is correct as my appointment is on 22/12/2015 based on the fact that i was in country on the 23/12/2010.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Where exactly in the form does it say that or give that example?

Date of application has been amended to include the date of NCS appointment as application date. If you were not physically in the UK on 22nd December 2010 (i.e. you only arrived back on 23rd), you fail to meet the physically present requirement. For the sake of 1 day, do you want to risk the large fee?

Also, please don't post your queries tagged onto other members threads, it creates confusion. You should continue in your other/own thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:Where exactly in the form does it say that or give that example?

Date of application has been amended to include the date of NCS appointment as application date. If you were not physically in the UK on 22nd December 2010 (i.e. you only arrived back on 23rd), you fail to meet the physically present requirement. For the sake of 1 day, do you want to risk the large fee?

Also, please don't post your queries tagged onto other members threads, it creates confusion. You should continue in your other/own thread.
I think @ ashwini_k is referring to the AN booklet. Page5 no. 1,

HO may consider a year to be 365 days.

Just by personal opinion

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Exactly, i am referring to what is clearly stated in the latest AN form. I have made my appointment based on what is written on the form.

I thought my query was related to the point being made on this thread. That is why i replied and not started another thread.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:42 pm

london2016 wrote:Dear board

I need to apply for my citizenship in the new year .

Question:

Thanks

God bless
@london2016 the AN form ckearly states that if you have proved english language requirements as part of your ILR process (after october 2013 i think) you are not required to prove again. So i dont think you need to sit english exam again.