ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deception in previous application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

destination
Newly Registered

deception in previous application

Post by destination » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:11 am

Hi everyone,
My visa application was refused on feb 2009 for deception as i applied through Cambridge college. I was not given right to appeal as i still had visa for another 2 months. the letter also stated i could stay for that time and would not have to leave immediately.

so I stayed in the UK, got admission in another college and got visa extension. eventually i completed 10 years and got ILR. I got married back home and brought wife here. now she has got ILR too. we have a son who is 2 years old and got a British passport.

After the refusal i got extension twice and the got ILR.

question is if i want to apply for citizenship do i need to declare this, or it is not in their record? or what is the worst can happen?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: deception in previous application

Post by david1955 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 am

destination wrote:Hi everyone,
My visa application was refused on feb 2009 for deception as i applied through Cambridge college. I was not given right to appeal as i still had visa for another 2 months. the letter also stated i could stay for that time and would not have to leave immediately.

so I stayed in the UK, got admission in another college and got visa extension. eventually i completed 10 years and got ILR. I got married back home and brought wife here. now she has got ILR too. we have a son who is 2 years old and got a British passport.

After the refusal i got extension twice and the got ILR.

question is if i want to apply for citizenship do i need to declare this, or it is not in their record? or what is the worst can happen?
you would be eligible to apply for citizenship from feb 2019

The worse that can happen right now is you will lose your application fee. And if you apply now and you dont declare your previous deception then this will form another deception

destination
Newly Registered

Post by destination » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:22 am

thanks for the response. what worries me is i never mentioned about this in any visa extension application. the intention was not to hide deception, i believed i did not use deception. However, will not mentioning about this be considered as another deception when i apply for citizenship?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:03 am

destination wrote:thanks for the response. what worries me is i never mentioned about this in any visa extension application. the intention was not to hide deception, i believed i did not use deception. However, will not mentioning about this be considered as another deception when i apply for citizenship?
If in Feb 2009 , home office refused your application based upon deception. Then you will have to declare it. Doesn't matter whether you apply now or in Feb 2019 you will have to declare it..

But applying now will definitely be guaranteeing you a refusal
Applying now and not declaring the deception will ban you for another 10 years from the date of refusal

destination
Newly Registered

Post by destination » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:29 pm

thanks again. yes I got the point. I will apply after Feb 2019 and also will declare the refusal based on deception. My question is, because I did not mention about this refusal on applications I made after that refusal (that includes ILR too), will those be considered as deception too?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:43 pm

destination wrote:thanks again. yes I got the point. I will apply after Feb 2019 and also will declare the refusal based on deception. My question is, because I did not mention about this refusal on applications I made after that refusal (that includes ILR too), will those be considered as deception too?
No, If they were considered as deception you wouldn't have been granted extensions or ILR

destination
Newly Registered

Post by destination » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:44 pm

thank you once again. I will wait till feb 2019 then.