ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Period of Absence in Employer Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akashths
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Period of Absence in Employer Letter

Post by akashths » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:56 am

Hi all,

I am due to apply for my ILR under Tier 2 General, 5 years, same employer throughout. Have been reading the immigration rules, and searching this forum regarding this.
I would like to understand what refers to period of absence in the employer letter
- is it period of absence from work (eg. sickness, study leaves besides the usual annual leave-paid or unpaid, maternity etc)

- is it period of absence from the Country (to satisfy continuous residence lawfully in UK) - eg. business trips, work assignment

Should the employer state only the period of absence from work which is outside the country? or should it include everything like sickness

Thanks for your help
Suresh