ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Passort Issue - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahmed786
Newly Registered

Spouse Passort Issue - Pakistan

Post by ahmed786 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 pm

When I got married to my now wife she did not have any form of national ID in pakistan. The two main forms of ID they use are SHANAKTEE card (ID card) and obviously passport. In order to get a passport you must produce a Shanaktee card. So to get the ball rolling my wife applied for the Shanaktee card, but as she was now married it was issued with her name and my first name as her surname (they do it the other way around over there) The passport will subsequently be issued with the same name.

My concern is that when I apply for her spouse VISA I will write in the application her proper full name before marriage. But the passport she will send in will have a different name .i.e her new married name, if you are following me.

I asked her to get a letter attested from a local solictor stating her name before marriage and her name after marriage and submit this with the appplication so that there is no confusion with the ECO. Surely this is a regular occurance with people getting maried over ther all the time? is it?
I was even thinking of getting her to send in her birth certificate showing original name and stating in a letter the reasons for the name change (even though it clearly evident)

Thanks
Ahmed 8)

ZD

Post by ZD » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi Ahmed,

I was in the exact situation.

There is no need to worry because thankfully the BHC understand this type of situation. If I am not mistaken there is a section on the form which asks for a present name and any other previous names the applicant was known by.

It is also worth explaining your point in the additional information section towards the end of the form.

Hope this helps.