ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

could cancer patient apply FLR(O)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xjhl
Newly Registered

could cancer patient apply FLR(O)

Post by xjhl » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:26 am

Hello there,

I am a chinese with a permanent resident visa, my husband is british and we have two little girls. My mum 65 is recently ill with lunch cancer. She is here in the UK with a family visiting visa. We had her checked up in a private hospital, her cancer has spread and will come back anytime. She is weak but she is fit to travel, it's so heartbreaking to see she needs to go back to China soon. And she might never be able to make back to the UK again. My 6 years daughter asked me today, why grandma could not stay with us?

I am wondering if a cancer patient could apply FLR (O), or it need to be a patient dying in the hospital bed. Just wondering if there are any way we could extend her visitor visa or swap to a different visa, so she could stay here with us? I do believe being with us will help fighting with cancer. We have enough funding to pay her medical privately here, but just don't know how to keep her here.

Hope someone could give us some suggestions here. We will be so so appreciated.

Many thanks to you all.