ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding FLR(M) appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Regarding FLR(M) appointment

Post by Mineralwater123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Hello all

I am currently residing in the UK on a tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa which expires March 2016.
My husband recently received his ILR in august 2015.

I have 2 UK born children. One is a british national and the other one's MN(1) application is still under process for some reason although both applications were made together.

My query is regarding the FLR(M) application that i plan to make on window in around the second week of january as i have urgent travel plans reserved for first week of feb.

When would be the most suitable date for an appointment. I worry about the outcome of my second baby's MN(1). If my FLR(M) is refused will i be asked to leave the country.

Sorry if i made this sound confusing. Can anyone please advise or comment!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding FLR(M) appointment

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Why do you think your FLR(M) will be refused?

Why do you think your child's MN1 will have an impact on your visa or vice versa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:56 pm

I dont know. Perhaps i'm being paranoid... its just all these horror stories i've come across that visa was refused due to this reason or that.
I have registered for trinity college B1 english test in all 4 categories: reading writing speaking & listening although I recently found out that I need to give the A1 test which is a beginner level english test. I hope the home office wont make an issue out of this.
Also my job contract states 19k salary but i receive pay which untaxed equals to 18k which of course falls a little low that the actual £18 600 requirement. How can i get this adjusted by my employer because obviously i will need it shown on the 6 months' bank statements.
And oh one more thing please. Why do banks especially mine, lloyds, refuse to release printed bank statements when asked that they are needed for visa application? Its just ridiculous.

Thank you for your kind response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:02 pm

Does your spouse work? You can use joint income for an extension.

MN1 and FLR(M) are two completely different process and rules. Bear in mind that if your second child's registration is not completed and received by the time you apply, you will need to prove £22,400pa income.

Your income needs to be consistent and meet the requirements for 6 months with payslip and bank statement proof.

Any bank should provide you with statements if asked. It might depend on the type of account you have.

English B1 will be acceptable as long as it is on the approved test / test provider list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Yes my spouse works.

I have not declared in my form that my children are dependent on ME. Does this mean i can still show £18, 600 as the sufficient income?

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Only British children are excluded from the calculation for the financial requirement. If you apply and the second child is still not British, the child will be included in the calculation which will be £22,400pa.

On what basis did your husband obtain ILR (5 years residence or 10 years long residence)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 pm

He obtained it on the 10 year long residence route.
He is self employed..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 pm

You should use combined earnings to meet the upper level requirement unless your childs registration certificate arrives before you apply for FLR(M).

You realise that your clock towards ILR will be reset to zero from the date that FLR(M) is granted and you will be on a new 5 year (2 x 2.5 year visas) path.

Don't forget you have to pay the £500 health surcharge before submitting your application too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:53 pm

Yes i do realize that.. i wasnt aware of the change in income requirement if one child isnt british.

Thank you so much for your kind advice & your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:56 pm

You're welcome and ask further if you have any more questions. Good luck :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PEO for FLR(M) experiences

Post by Mineralwater123 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello

Can anyone please share their experience of a PEO appointment for FLR(M) please? As in what particular questions they might ask for?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: PEO for FLR(M) experiences

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:15 pm

You aren't interviewed. Documents are checked for their validity and the visa is granted if everything is in order. Read through the guidance notes for FLR(M) carefully. Reading through the thread below, are you able to show annual income of £22,400? Bear in mind that your husband's self-employed earnings will be taken as the nett amount after the deduction of business expenses. i.e the amount HMRC have calculated for tax due.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1275456
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello
Thank you for your response.
I thought the income to be shown was £18 600?
I am not showing any dependents.

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Oh and an update from my previous thread, my 2nd childs' british passport has arrived too so i dont have to worry about the upper threshold thank goodness!!

Also, someone told us that child benefit counts towards income? Is that true?? I'm having my doubts about that unless someone can please clarify!

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:21 am

Just another short query please...

I received about £500 and another £2000 from my father who lives in the UAE for my own expenses and as gift. Can this money be counted towards income if he declares it on a stamped paper that it was indeed him who sent it along with the transfer receipts and all? Unfortunately i feel that my income is falling a bit below £18 600.
Also, someone told us that child benefit counts towards income. Is this true?

Thanks so much for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 am

Third party support is not accepted for FLR(M) applications so no, you would not be able to use the money from your father towards the financial requirement. Savings need to be substantially more than that amount to be considered and must be held for minimum 6 months.

Child benefit cannot be used towards the financial requirement as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:13 am

I have merged your two threads. Please keep your queries to one topic/thread Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:44 am

Thank you so much.
Sorry about the thread!

Mineralwater123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mineralwater123 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:17 am

I entered the uk as a PSW dependent in april 2012
In april 2013 i switched to tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa which is still valid till april 2016.

My husband has obtained ILR based on 10 years long stay in UK.
I have 2 british children.

I now need to apply for leave to remain before my visa expires. I initially thought of applying for FLR(M) but i am having some trouble meeting the minimum income threshold of £18 600. Do you think I might be granted leave to remain on the basis of partner 5 year route, as in using the FLR(FP) form?
Please fo reply!!!