ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got a call from Home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raomvj

Got a call from Home office

Post by raomvj » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I got a call this morning from home office but I could not pickup the call. I tried to phone them back but it was not going to any person.

I have recently applied Naturalisation on 11/11/15 just before changing rules at NCS for my wife (with ESOL Trinity college certificate) and myself (Points based calculator copy) and since then I have been checking my bank account but fee has not yet been deducted. I used my debit card and I have enough funds in my account.

I am little concerned now about the reason for home office call. If they call me again in a day or two I am fine otherwise it will haunt me until I receive my biometric letter. Has anyone received any call from home office after applying Naturalisation?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
Rao

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Got a call from Home office

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:44 pm

And you know for certain it is Home Office who called? Did they leave a voicemail to say it was them?

Be wary of scam calls, see link below and the other link within the thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 98677.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 pm

How do you know it was from Home Office ? Did they leave a voicemail ? If yes what was it ?

raomvj

Post by raomvj » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:04 pm

when I phoned back it says something like 'Thank you for calling home office. For Nationality, Immigration, work permits please press 1' and it was from 020 70354848.

Thanks
Rao

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:11 pm

If you google the number, you will see the messages about this number and how scammers are operating. Besides which, nationality directorate is based in Liverpool and HO number almost always come ups Private Number.

Also, HO almost always write to applicants if they need further information.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02070354848
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raomvj

Post by raomvj » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot CR001. Thank god I did not receive the call.

Thanks
Rao