ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which passport to enter on for Spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamesbrown
Newly Registered

Which passport to enter on for Spouse visa

Post by jamesbrown » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:52 pm

:D Hello All,

I really like the UK. The diversity of London, the tolerance and the overall pace of life is amazing!!! I am so happy I decided to move here.

Well that was just a side comment, I have a question that I need some guidance on. I am a dual citizen and was awarded a Spouse visa valid for 2 years in 06. I entered the UK on my passport of country A, which had the UK Spouse visa, and tried looking for a job unsuccessfully. I exited the country and went back to the US where I stay. I frequented the UK on and off for interviews but used my passport from Country B to enter each time because it was simpler explaining that I am here for a few days then go over the whole I have a spouse visa etc etc. I found the job I was looking for and have moved to the UK permanently. I however entered the UK on passport of country B because my country A passport was expired. I renewed my passport of country A in London and am going to the US for a business meeting and will be back in 2 days. My question is..

Does it make a difference if I enter on my passport of Country A or Country B? Or should I specifically enter the UK on passport A that I have my Spouse visa on. I plan on applying for an extenstion to my spouse visa based on my arrival date of September 1 2007 and not my original arrival date of May 1 2006 because I want to play everything by the book and make sure I do not have any immigration headaches. I cannot wait to learn how to play cricket...

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Cheers!
JB