ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Irish Citizenship ( spouse of Irish National )

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhruv87

Applying Irish Citizenship ( spouse of Irish National )

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello Guys,

I just want to clarify something. I am Irish National and my wife is in processing to apply Irish Citizenship. Just want to know the 3 years residency in Ireland or 3 years married to an Irish
citizen. We got married in October 2012 and she arrived in Ireland in September 2013. So the time of peroids counted is from the day we got married or the day she arrived in Ireland.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Applying Irish Citizenship ( spouse of Irish National )

Post by chaoclive » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:31 pm

dhruv87 wrote:Hello Guys,

I just want to clarify something. I am Irish National and my wife is in processing to apply Irish Citizenship. Just want to know the 3 years residency in Ireland or 3 years married to an Irish
citizen. We got married in October 2012 and she arrived in Ireland in September 2013. So the time of peroids counted is from the day we got married or the day she arrived in Ireland.
3 years residency in Ireland AND married to an Irish citizen. In your case, it would be Sept 2016 before she qualifies.

Read this: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000014

"(i) are married to each other, have been married to each other for a period of not less than 3 years, and are living together, as attested to by affidavit submitted by the citizen to the Minister in the prescribed form, or
(ii)are civil partners of each other, have been civil partners of each other for a period of not less than 3 years, and are living together, as attested to by affidavit submitted by the citizen to the Minister in the prescribed form,
-is, in the case of a spouse, in a marriage recognised under the laws of the State as subsisting,
-had, immediately before the date of the application, a period of one year’s continuous residence in the island of Ireland,
-had, during the 4 years immediately preceding that period, a total residence in the island of Ireland amounting to 2 years,"

imrann89
Newly Registered

Re: Applying Irish Citizenship ( spouse of Irish National )

Post by imrann89 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:09 am

exactly its 3 years in Ireland which is good in uk is 5 years