ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English Requirement for Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mythbust
BANNED

New English Requirement for Spouse Visa Extension

Post by mythbust » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm

My wife has an old English test (Cambridge B1) and she will renew her visa next February. Could she still use her old test results? It was taken 2.5 years ago.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: New English Requirement for Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Your wife? What happened to the husband you were separated from? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Casa wrote:Your wife? What happened to the husband you were separated from? :?
Don't take it seriously. It's internet only. Story on web is mostly based on imagination and curiosity.

But the question could be general for everyone on the board.

Most importantly, do you have answer for this widely concerned question, given Supreme Court dismisses Ali and Bibi case.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:43 pm

mythbust wrote:
Don't take it seriously. It's internet only. Story on web is mostly based on imagination and curiosity.

Most importantly, do you have answer for this widely concerned question, given Supreme Court dismisses Ali and Bibi case.
Are you on crack?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:46 pm

mythbust wrote:Don't take it seriously. It's internet only. Story on web is mostly based on imagination and curiosity.
If that is the case about all your posts, unlikely people will then respond to you with advice, why waste our time if you can't be factual or truthful.

There is an FAQs about English language requirement! Have a look for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:51 pm

There is also a thread updated today on the Ali and Bibi case if you really want to read through the Supreme Court ruling...even though it doesn't apply to your situation.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 62249.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

PunjabBoy
BANNED

Post by PunjabBoy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Casa wrote:There is also a thread updated today on the Ali and Bibi case if you really want to read through the Supreme Court ruling...even though it doesn't apply to your situation.
It's not accurate. That's quite an ancient thread.

Since HO won the case, they have started to tighten the requirements. From Nov 6th, all spouse visa ext must be submitted with new English test results, namely new IELTS/TCL tests after April 6 2015. Or they will simply confiscate your fees and reject your applications.

That's an unexpected U-turn for many newcomers. I guess many on the board have to say bye-bye and roll up to go back where they came, no matter how much their partners earn from UK or love them indeed or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:15 pm

PunjabBoy wrote:
Casa wrote:There is also a thread updated today on the Ali and Bibi case if you really want to read through the Supreme Court ruling...even though it doesn't apply to your situation.
It's not accurate. That's quite an ancient thread. If you scroll down the thread of the link that Casa has provided, you will see Vinny's post of 20th November 2015.

Since HO won the case, they have started to tighten the requirements. From Nov 6th, all spouse visa ext must be submitted with new English test results, namely new IELTS/TCL tests after April 6 2015. Or they will simply confiscate your fees and reject your applications.
This is not 'new' news, it has been known for many months now.
That's an unexpected U-turn for many newcomers. I guess many on the board have to say bye-bye and roll up to go back where they came, no matter how much their partners earn from UK or love them indeed or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
PunjabBoy wrote:
It's not accurate. That's quite an ancient thread. If you scroll down the thread of the link that Casa has provided, you will see Vinny's post of 20th November 2015.

This is not 'new' news, it has been known for many months now.
That's an unexpected U-turn for many newcomers. I guess many on the board have to say bye-bye and roll up to go back where they came, no matter how much their partners earn from UK or love them indeed or not. Nonsense. They can do a new test prior to any visa application or extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

PunjabBoy
BANNED

Post by PunjabBoy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 pm

CR001 wrote:Nonsense. They can do a new test prior to any visa application or extension.
Hi CR,

Many have no time to register/prepare for a fully new test by themselves. For those need to renew in Dec/Jan, it means "game over". The notice came out very recently, instead of many months.

And HO set up a trap there. In their form, they still listed old tests out to "trick" those haven't been caereful enough, making it seemly "OK" with old tests. They are very smart.

But I would say it is not a bad move. Too many workers here and job openings are too competitive. It is necessary to kick out people now.

I would prefer to having more refugees. They are not my competitors in career and also make me feel I'm a better man - don't blame me for such a low mind.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:37 pm

You are wrong, the new English language requirements were clearly published in April 2015 and the transitional period and 'up to' date was listed in the published requirements alongside the new requirements from 6th November (which was extended to 12th November).

Don't know what preparation needs to be done for a relatively simple English speaking and listening test. It is not like studying or preparing for the LIUK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

PunjabBoy
BANNED

Post by PunjabBoy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:40 pm

CR001 wrote:Don't know what preparation needs to be done for a relatively simple English speaking and listening test. It is not like studying or preparing for the LIUK.
hmm, that's quite simple for me as well...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:48 am

PunjabBoy wrote:
It's not accurate. That's quite an ancient thread.

Should have gone to Specsavers! Obie updated this thread yesterday. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 am

mythbust wrote:

If the 'story' of your husband being prosecuted for beating your children (and you justifying the abuse) was also imagination and curiosity, I see little point in you continuing as a member on this forum.
(Casa, not CR001)