ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur team- One approved, not the other

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aspirinduan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 entrepreneur team- One approved, not the other

Post by aspirinduan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:23 am

Hello everyone,

My partner (South African) and I (Chinese), we applied for Tier 1 team entrepreneur in August 2015. We submitted our application in our home countries. I got a refusal after I was interviewed. Admittedly, I did not perform well, as I was nervous and I couldn't explain myself clearly. However, my partner was granted a visa without an interview. (Here I need to mention that 200k has been in my solo bank account, I gave my partner a declaration saying my funds is available for our proposed business).

-my refusal reasons are lack of working experience, and unmatched master degree, and lack of some marketing research.

Anyway, I applied a second fresh application as a team member in October, I submitted more documents to prove this proposed business is genuine. However, I got a second refusal without an interview.This time, the refusal reasons are simply copy and paste from the first refusal letter, and the derision maker also added that my further marketing research and amended business plan did not clear the previous concerns.

I'm going to do an admin review. I was not happy that they simply copy and paste my first refusal reasons and didn't invite me to in interview to erase their concerns.

Although I hired a solicitor to help me with AR, I still feel hopeless about this AR.

My partner is not just a business partner to me, and we are also long distance civil partners and going to get married. We have been suffering so much because of this distance. If the AR is not successful, I want to apply for Tier 1 dependent. But does that look suspicious?

Can anyone give me some advice? Does any get refused on Tier 1 route but succeed on Tier 1 dependent?

Thanks in advance.

Tier1newbie

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur team- One approved, not the other

Post by Tier1newbie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:21 am

I would suggest you go in for the admin review and get urself ready to answer questions that the case worker will raise and you have to build your confidence and answer smartly so that you do not mess it up. Regarding the bit of being dependant to ur partner, there is a long process where you have to prove that you are dependant on your partner which would seem legit after a some time definitely not immediately after your partner reaches The UK. Ask your solicitor about the documentation which would be required but i would recommend you wait some time, transfer the money to the UK, let your partner start to establish the business then join your partner in which case your chances will be higher of getting the visa.
If i was in your place 8 would go with the admin review and build up the confidence in the mean time to make sure that I get the visa.
aspirinduan wrote:Hello everyone,

My partner (South African) and I (Chinese), we applied for Tier 1 team entrepreneur in August 2015. We submitted our application in our home countries. I got a refusal after I was interviewed. Admittedly, I did not perform well, as I was nervous and I couldn't explain myself clearly. However, my partner was granted a visa without an interview. (Here I need to mention that 200k has been in my solo bank account, I gave my partner a declaration saying my funds is available for our proposed business).

-my refusal reasons are lack of working experience, and unmatched master degree, and lack of some marketing research.

Anyway, I applied a second fresh application as a team member in October, I submitted more documents to prove this proposed business is genuine. However, I got a second refusal without an interview.This time, the refusal reasons are simply copy and paste from the first refusal letter, and the derision maker also added that my further marketing research and amended business plan did not clear the previous concerns.

I'm going to do an admin review. I was not happy that they simply copy and paste my first refusal reasons and didn't invite me to in interview to erase their concerns.

Although I hired a solicitor to help me with AR, I still feel hopeless about this AR.

My partner is not just a business partner to me, and we are also long distance civil partners and going to get married. We have been suffering so much because of this distance. If the AR is not successful, I want to apply for Tier 1 dependent. But does that look suspicious?

Can anyone give me some advice? Does any get refused on Tier 1 route but succeed on Tier 1 dependent?

Thanks in advance.

aspirinduan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur team- One approved, not the other

Post by aspirinduan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:29 am

Thank you for your advice. @ Tier1newbie

Yes, I applied for an AR, and will get ready for an interview. However, I don't know if the Admin reviewer would request me to attend an interview. Chinese embassy is more strict than other ones. Somehow I feel officers are not fully competent. I heard that someone got a review decision letter with wrong name on it, but the comments referred to the right applicant. Also, my refusal letter has some spelling mistakes. The interviewer asked me about my partner's nationality many times, he didn't believe what I said and the officer assumed my partner is from a Chinese legacy. After he checked my partner's family name, he finally believed that my partner is a South African citizen. Obviously, the officer didn't read our application carefully.

I don't know how many people have been treated without enough respect during their interviews, as if applicants are like second-class citizen. And I really don't know if my AR would have a fair and unbiased review.