ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit - NTL

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wclark1238
Newly Registered

Biometric Residence Permit - NTL

Post by wclark1238 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Having today received my BRP I thought that I'd update the board on my story and the timescales for my case to be concluded.

Background - US citizen admitted to UK on 7 August 1972 (aged 11) with parents (father US citizen, mother British subject) from United States. Granted 'indefinite leave to remain' on 6 July 1973.

All quiet in my life until this year. I continued to live in the UK throughout my life with only a couple of extended trips overseas - longest single time out of the UK was approximately 18 months with 2 additional periods out of country of up to 12 months each. Otherwise all of my to-ing and fro-ing has been for short-term business trips or holidays.

My IDLtR visa was endorsed into my new passports 4 times (upon arrival back in the UK) until I came back (holiday trip) in 2007 with my 5th new passport (since settling here). The UKBA passport control personnel did not transfer the visa into that passport and since then I have been travelling with two passports in order to prove my IDLtR status upon embarkation in the UK.

In September I attended at an employment agency with a view to finding new work. At this point I was refused registration with them as my IDLtR visa in an expired passport was no longer deemed acceptable proof of my right to work.

On 25 September I submitted my (postal) application for a NTL-BRP along with all of my passports - the payment was taken from my debit card within a couple of days.

On 14 October I received a letter inviting my to attend at a post office for biometric enrolment.

On 15 October I attended and enrolled my biometric information.

On 1 December I received my passports along with a letter confirming that BRP would be issued shortly.

On 2 December I received my BRP.......now to find work again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric Residence Permit - NTL

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Congrats and thank you for updating the forum, not too long a wait and it could have taken a lot longer. Good luck with finding a job, I am sure things will work out very well for you now. :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.