ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport /Spouse Application process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sally12345

Passport /Spouse Application process

Post by sally12345 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 am

Dear All,

I am due to get married to my Jamaican partner who currently lives in the Uk as an ‘overstayer’ we are going to get married in Oct 08 reasons: he is doing a course and that’s when it will finish etc.

We have most things covered I just really wanted to know one question I’m a British citizen and my passport runs out September 08 I am wondering could I apply for a spouse application in my maiden name or is it imperative that I apply in my married name? Will it affect our application for a visa or is it best I apply in my married name

I just don’t want to have to pay twice really. All advice welcome many thanks

xxx :?

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:48 am

You don't have to... Use the name thats on your passport...Marriage Cert says everything.

Same situation with me and my wife....too expensive to change names in passport so went without changing her name and no problems.. As long as its her passport it doesn't matter whether its old or new name.... :D

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 am

Sin wrote:You don't have to... Use the name thats on your passport...Marriage Cert says everything.

Same situation with me and my wife....too expensive to change names in passport so went without changing her name and no problems.. As long as its her passport it doesn't matter whether its old or new name.... :D
ARRRH... Thanks very much Sin :lol: I just did not want to pay extra its gonna cost us a lot of money as it is. And you know how tight your budget is when applying for a spouse visa etc.....

Thanks Again.

xxxx :lol: