ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying leave from FLR(FP) to SET LR at PEO without passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JaguarXF

Varying leave from FLR(FP) to SET LR at PEO without passport

Post by JaguarXF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Dear moderators,

First of all may I please take this opportunity to thank you for such a brilliant service at immigration boards. It is really very helpful for the general public.

Regarding my query,
I have been in the UK for 9 years 9 months to date. I have been on student and PSWS visa throughout and have never been in breach of imigration rules, never been refused a visa, never been an over stayer have no deception (never did TOEIC, as I did my BSc (Hons), and have a single absence from UK which was of 4 months. My recent student visa expired in July 2015. I then applied for FLR (FP) to buy some time until 10 Dec 2015, that is when I shall be able to apply 28 days early from completing my exact 10 years in January 2016. I passed my LIUK test before applying for FLR (FP).

Currently I haven't received a response from the UKBA, my guess is it would take longer to decide my application based on the fact that its a Human Rights application and the increase of volumes the HO is facing for FLR applications due to the fact FLR and ILR are probably the only safe play for attracting an appeals right where the application gets refused. So I am hoping that I will be able to drag until 10 Dec 2015 without a response from HO.

My query is that

1) If I do not receive a response from the HO until I hit my 28 days early period on 10 Dec 2015, would my application be considered for variation in leave from FLR (FP) to SET (LR) at a PEO considering the fact I won't be having my passport with me as its already with the HO for FLR (FP). The acknowledgment letter for Biometrics was sent from Sheffield, so my passport is probably held at Sheffield. But I believe the FLR (FP) application is being processed at Croyden.
So, would you recommend myself going in for PEO appointment where the only document I wouldn't be able to provide at PEO is my current passport (I have all of my previous passports which I shall take to PEO). And if yes then which PEO should I be attending, Sheffield or Croyden (I am guessing it would be beneficial to attend the PEO which holds my passport). Am also keeping an eye on the dates for PEO appointment at Sheffield and Croyden well in advance.

I am grateful for your time and for any advice that might help me make informed decisions ahead of time.

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Varying leave from FLR(FP) to SET LR at PEO without pass

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:45 pm

JaguarXF wrote:would my application be considered for variation in leave from FLR (FP) to SET (LR) at a PEO considering the fact I won't be having my passport with me as its already with the HO for FLR (FP).
See also this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:42 am

Dear Sushdmehta,

Am very grateful to you for guiding me to the prescribed link. It is very helpful. I shall keep you updated with my progress.

Thank you for your time.

God bless you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:10 am

Please continue FLR(FP) discussion in this topic.
Post SET LR updates, if you wish to, in this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Dear moderators,

First of all may I please take this opportunity to thank you for such a brilliant service at immigration boards. It is really very helpful for the general public.

Regarding my query,
I have been in the UK for 9 years 9 months to date. I have been on student and PSWS visa throughout and have never been in breach of imigration rules, never been refused a visa, never been an over stayer have no deception (never did TOEIC, as I did my BSc (Hons), and have a single absence from UK which was of 4 months. My recent student visa expired in July 2015. I then applied for FLR (FP) to buy some time until 10 Dec 2015, that is when I shall be able to apply 28 days early from completing my exact 10 years in January 2016. I passed my LIUK test before applying for FLR (FP).

Currently I haven't received a response from the UKBA, my guess is it would take longer to decide my application based on the fact that its a Human Rights application and the increase of volumes the HO is facing for FLR applications due to the fact FLR and ILR are probably the only safe play for attracting an appeals right where the application gets refused. So I am hoping that I will be able to drag until 10 Dec 2015 without a response from HO.

My query is that

1) If I do not receive a response from the HO until I hit my 28 days early period on 10 Dec 2015, would my application be considered for variation in leave from FLR (FP) to SET (LR) at a PEO considering the fact I won't be having my passport with me as its already with the HO for FLR (FP). The acknowledgment letter for Biometrics was sent from Sheffield, so my passport is probably held at Sheffield. But I believe the FLR (FP) application is being processed at Croyden.
So, would you recommend myself going in for PEO appointment where the only document I wouldn't be able to provide at PEO is my current passport (I have all of my previous passports which I shall take to PEO). And if yes then which PEO should I be attending, Sheffield or Croyden (I am guessing it would be beneficial to attend the PEO which holds my passport). Am also keeping an eye on the dates for PEO appointment at Sheffield and Croyden well in advance.

I am grateful for your time and for any advice that might help me make informed decisions ahead of time.

Thank you.
I am in exact same situation, can you please let me know if your PEO appointment went ok without passport?

Thanks A lot

saj626
United Kingdom

Post by saj626 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:08 pm

.[/quote]

I am in exact same situation, can you please let me know if your PEO appointment went ok without passport?

Thanks A lot[/quote]

Hi
Please see following link: Hope it will answer your question.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 99090.html

Many thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:47 am

saj626 wrote:.

Thanks A lot[/quote]

Hi
Please see following link: Hope it will answer your question.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 99090.html

Many thanks[/quote]

Thank you very much. Can you please let me know if it will be good idea to request return of the passport without withdrawing current application?

So I can take passport with me on the appointment day to avoid delays.

Thanks a ton