ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode for baby born in UK - Parents in T1(G)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karg_g

Right of Abode for baby born in UK - Parents in T1(G)

Post by karg_g » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello Friends,

We recently had our 2nd baby last month. We (both myself and my partner) are currently in T1(G) with ILR applicable from Mar 2016. My question is can we apply for RoA-CoE after our settlement? We intend to get Indian passport for our 2nd baby also.

If not applicable, can we get Registration done and then apply for RoA in India at a later date, instead of going to British passport?

Cheers
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Right of Abode for baby born in UK - Parents in T1(G)

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:19 am

Assuming the child was born in the UK, a CoE - RoA can only be applied for (in the UK or abroad) only after registering the child as a British citizen.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:25 am

Many thanks Sushdmehta. Yes child was born in UK. Can registration and bio metrics be given in India? The reason for asking this is because my partner would like to spend summer back home because 1st child starts school in September 2016. The time lines for MN 1 (3) looks a good 3-4 months

Cheers
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Perhaps, but if it is taking 3-4 months for application submitted in UK then it will be much much more than that for applications submitted from overseas!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!