ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

County Court judgement for Private parking and Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandpathak

County Court judgement for Private parking and Citizenship

Post by anandpathak » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Dear All ,
I would request your help to understand the impact of CCJ on Citizenship application.
I have received a " Parking Charge notice" from a Private parking Management firm for few minutes of parking on a private land using car number recognizing camera . As i believe that the case is not justified I appealed to the company but as feared they turned down my appeal.
I did some googling and found that this is a common issue and PCN is not actually a PCN but just an invoice as its a private party and not Govt . Most of the Online experience folks suggested not to pay and ignore all Threatening mails in future the last one will be threatening about court proceedings but nothing will happen .
Now the question , I will be filing Citizenship application in next few months and wante to be sure that even if the court's proceeding actually happens ( Very less chance) I will not plead guilty and assuming I loose the case , will it result a CCJ impacting my citizenship application.
There should be some difference between Criminal and Civil Offence isn't it ?
If you loose a financial Dispute it should not be an issue of your character?

I understand the amount is not big but the Charge is not justified so I am more inclined to take the parking agency Head on.
Please share your thoughts on the same.
Cheers
Anand

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: County Court judgement for Private parking and Citizensh

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Just ignore it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:17 am

anandpathak wrote:Dear All ,
I would request your help to understand the impact of CCJ on Citizenship application.
I have received a " Parking Charge notice" from a Private parking Management firm for few minutes of parking on a private land using car number recognizing camera . As i believe that the case is not justified I appealed to the company but as feared they turned down my appeal.
I did some googling and found that this is a common issue and PCN is not actually a PCN but just an invoice as its a private party and not Govt . Most of the Online experience folks suggested not to pay and ignore all Threatening mails in future the last one will be threatening about court proceedings but nothing will happen .
Now the question , I will be filing Citizenship application in next few months and wante to be sure that even if the court's proceeding actually happens ( Very less chance) I will not plead guilty and assuming I loose the case , will it result a CCJ impacting my citizenship application.
There should be some difference between Criminal and Civil Offence isn't it ?
If you loose a financial Dispute it should not be an issue of your character?

I understand the amount is not big but the Charge is not justified so I am more inclined to take the parking agency Head on.
Please share your thoughts on the same.
Cheers
Anand
hello mate

No, whatever the outcome of parking issue it will not affect your citizenship application.

However, i guess you will need some advice on your parking ticket if you want to fight it. So there are few things which you will need to know and there are 2 forums which will help you in fighting the ticket.
1. pepipoo.com
2.moneysavingexpertforum then select parking fine

ask for guidance there and there are people willing to help you. Obviously you will need to find out about this parking company as in if they are member of british parking association BPA and if yes, then you can win easily but if they are not then it is a bit difficut. one of the main points in the appeal can be about the amount of penality as anyone company member of BPA has to offer a reduction of more than 40% in the initially issued fine letter and if they haven't ask for POPLA code and you will immediately see some movement from there but you will get more info from the forums above mentioned and also some appeal templates as well. Good Luck

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks a lot Monty for your advice .
The parking form is registered with BPA
I have been refering to moneysavingexpert.com and would also reffer to the other website which u hv referred below.
Thanks for your help and reassurence that "whatever is the outcome of this dispute this wouls not impact my citizenship application"
I am going to fight with these cheats.
Cheers mate

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:40 pm

I've had 3 of these private parking company "parking charge notice" which as you mentioned hold no legal basis unlike a council issued penalty charge notice.

Two of them I ignored and after a few threatening letters, they left me alone. The third one I appealed, which was promptly rejected. So I appealed to the independent process POPLA and I won so the ticket was cancelled.

In my experience they will never take you to court, they just try to scare you into paying up. My first one started as £60, then went up to £80, then up to £100, then mysteriously despite no correspondence between us it went back down to £60 again.

By the way unless you actually go to court, lose, and still refuse to pay within 28 days, you will not have a CCJ registered against you. No matter what they might say, companies cannot just "give" you a CCJ.

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks a lot. That was very reassuring.
Cheers