ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT help on filling up AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitc

URGENT help on filling up AN application

Post by amitc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:52 am

Dear members,

I need your expertise regarding my wife’s AN application. She got her ILR in 2012 and finally decided to apply for Naturalisation as her Indian passport expired and she doesn’t want to renew it. Also I have applied for my daughter’s British passport last week online and sent document by post. I have got my British PP in 2014. My wife booked her NCS appointment this Thursday and we are filling up her AN form when we came across a point on page 8- Details of your partner where they have asked for –

If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they were granted this citizenship:

Their citizenship certificate reference number:

Now I am naturalised but my passport and naturalisation certificate is with passport office as a supporting document of my daughter’s passport and I don’t have any copy of my naturalisation certificate. Now please advise what should I do? Should I just leave the space blank and apply without my passport/naturalisation.

Documents she got with her:

Indian Passport (expired)
LiUK
Indian Bachelor degree cert with PBS calculator print out
Drving licence
Payslip/P60
Utility Bill or Bank statement
Biometric Card

Anything else required?

Regards, Amit

torikelly91
BANNED

Re: URGENT help on filling up AN application

Post by torikelly91 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:14 pm

amitc wrote:Dear members,

I need your expertise regarding my wife’s AN application. She got her ILR in 2012 and finally decided to apply for Naturalisation as her Indian passport expired and she doesn’t want to renew it. Also I have applied for my daughter’s British passport last week online and sent document by post. I have got my British PP in 2014. My wife booked her NCS appointment this Thursday and we are filling up her AN form when we came across a point on page 8- Details of your partner where they have asked for –

If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they were granted this citizenship:

Their citizenship certificate reference number:

Now I am naturalised but my passport and naturalisation certificate is with passport office as a supporting document of my daughter’s passport and I don’t have any copy of my naturalisation certificate. Now please advise what should I do? Should I just leave the space blank and apply without my passport/naturalisation.

Documents she got with her:

Indian Passport (expired)
LiUK
Indian Bachelor degree cert with PBS calculator print out
Drving licence
Payslip/P60
Utility Bill or Bank statement
Biometric Card

Anything else required?

Regards, Amit

Suggest you wait for your certificate to be returned with your daughters documents- child passports don't take long to my understanding.

Since you're naturalised BC, your wife can apply for Naturslisation as spouse of BC. This simplifies many things and is a 3 year rule only.
She will only need her and your passport, her Biometric Resudent Pernit,marriage certificate ( and translation if it's not in English) her Life in the UK and language certificate.

Nothing else.

amitc

Post by amitc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks torikelly91 for your quick response. We wouldn't mind waiting another few days but she already booked her NCS appo this thursday and cant be cancelled. If she apply on her ILR basis, still need my documents? What if we live separate and I refuse to give my details to her (just making a point).

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:49 pm

How long has she been resident in the UK? If 5 years or more, she can apply in her own right if she meets the standard requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Irrespective of the route - 6(1) or 6(2) - the missing information is required to complete the form.
Reschedule NCS appointment.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

amitc

Post by amitc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks CR001. She is in UK for last 10 years as my dependent. She got her ILR in 2012.

Regards,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:15 pm

As a side note all these documents are critically valuable; suggest keeping copies & scans of all family members' passports, naturalisation & birth certificates (etc etc) as a matter of course.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.