ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who should provide documents for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

speedo812003
Newly Registered

Who should provide documents for ILR?

Post by speedo812003 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi All!

I am due to apply ILR in February 2016 based on 5 year Tier 1 (Gen) + Tier 2 (Gen) route. I am currently a doctor in training and am being sponsored by my deanery on a tier 2 (gen) visa. However the deanery is not my employer as I am employed by various NHS trusts (which are part of the deanery) as a part of my rotation and I draw my salary from the NHS trusts.

My question is who should provide me the documents like confirmation of appropriate salary, continuation in employment letter. Importantly who should give me the annual leave confirmation letter showing that I have been outside the UK for less than 180 days. I have gone through the tier 2 policy guidance document and the Home Office use the term employer and sponsor interchangeably implying they are one and the same thing which is not the case in my situation. Will a letter from either of the organization be satisfactory to the Home Office or will they insist on all the documents being from the organisation that sponsored the Tier 2 (gen) visa and gave the COS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

speedo812003
Newly Registered

Re: Who should provide documents for ILR?

Post by speedo812003 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Can somebody please help CR001, sushmehta, Vinny, Casa!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:52 am

Not even 60 minutes since you posted your queries and you are already jumpy!!
If you want answers to your queries within minutes of asking them, you are in the wrong place. For answers on demand, pay a solicitor.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

speedo812003
Newly Registered

Post by speedo812003 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Past experience sushmehta, where I had to wait days and not even get a response, let alone an answer. Thought this might catch someone's attention, which it did. Anyways, rather than checking the times can someone please concentrate on my query if anyone of you knows the answer. Otherwise have the guts to say you don't know and delete the post. Whats the point of having a thread if no one is interested in answering the queries.

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Well maybe it's because people don't know the answer, that you get no response/reply. If people can't give you an answer,why they should respond?

This site has an overwhelming amount of free information ..which the members including you aren't paying a penny for.
Maybe you should appreciate that some more.

speedo812003
Newly Registered

Post by speedo812003 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Exactly what I said! I absolutely agree people should not respond if they don't know the answer. They should not accuse the questioner of being "jumpy" "demanding" and advice to go to a lawyer! If you know the answer then speak, if not then shut up! I appreciate the wealth of info this website provides, but do not appreciate being ridiculed for my queries.

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Nobody is ridiculing your query.
It had only been an hour and you expected answers, and you did just not the ones you were hoping for.

This has gone on long enough so I hope you do eventually find the answers you require.

Good Luck with it all.