ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error on letter requesting Biometrics for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eleanor
Newly Registered

Error on letter requesting Biometrics for Naturalisation

Post by Eleanor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi, hope someone can help. my wife finally applied for naturalisation in November after 15 years of being married to me. A month after submitting her application, she received a letter from the home office, " Dear Mrs L Akthar" we received your application etc, all being good at this point. a few days later she received another letter requesting Biomentrics to support her application for Biometrics, this is where the issue lays, its address to " Dear MRS L A Samihussain".

Samihussain is not my wifes surname, its actually my first and last name (Sami Hussain) joint together. its clearly an error, i contacted the homeoffice advice line, they only give general advice and do not get case involved, they advised me to email the Biometric Office, which i did and receive an auto response which basically tells me they may respond and i need to get Biometrics done withing 15 working days, any errors may be considered at a later date. its been over a week and still no response. i took my wife to the Post Office where we were advised that due to the error in the name, they could not take her Biometrics. they advised i send a letter to the Home Office. I sent off 2 letters special delivery, one to the Biometric office and the other to the Home Office, both in Liverpool.

what should i do, its been 10 working days, i dont want the application for Naturalisation to be rejected if she goes over the 15 working day limit to get Biometrics done.

there seems to be no contact numbers that i can call to speak to someone directly from the Home Office.

i will be grateful for any advice received.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Error on letter requesting Biometrics for Naturalisation

Post by david1955 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:26 pm

try emailing on furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

don't worry for the 15 days time limit. If you don't submit your biometrics within 15 working days then you get another warning letter giving you another 10 working days to submit your biometrics ,which i think will be enough for your matter to be resolved

Eleanor
Newly Registered

Re: Error on letter requesting Biometrics for Naturalisation

Post by Eleanor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks for the info, Ive already emailed nationalitybiometrics but not the other. will do tonight when i get home. regards