ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa / Discretionary Leave

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usernamenotused
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa / Discretionary Leave

Post by usernamenotused » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi,

I am a new member on this form. I will really appreciate if you could please help me with the following query.

I am a British citizen married 2.5 years ago in Pakistan. My wife was given a spouse visa at the time which is now expiring on 15 December. We have a child born in Uk last year who also holds british passport.

My wife's visa is due for an extension, however, I am not able to meet the financial requirement due to loss of my job 6 months ago. I have been told that I could instead apply for a discretionary leave for my wife on humanitarian grounds.

[b]I am really confused about which forms to use and what information / documents to submit with relevant fee etc.

Is this the only way out for us or the spouse visa can be extended somehow? I have not claimed any benefits and currently working part-time to keep things going while looking for a suitable full time job.

If we go to DL route, will my wife still be eligible for permanent residence after 5 year completion of stay in the UK?[
/b]

Answers to the above will be highly appreciated and really bring us out of a lot of stress.

Many thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa / Discretionary Leave

Post by Zee ali » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:21 pm

usernamenotused wrote:Hi,

I am a new member on this form. I will really appreciate if you could please help me with the following query.

I am a British citizen married 2.5 years ago in Pakistan. My wife was given a spouse visa at the time which is now expiring on 15 December. We have a child born in Uk last year who also holds british passport.

My wife's visa is due for an extension, however, I am not able to meet the financial requirement due to loss of my job 6 months ago. I have been told that I could instead apply for a discretionary leave for my wife on humanitarian grounds.

[b]I am really confused about which forms to use and what information / documents to submit with relevant fee etc.

Is this the only way out for us or the spouse visa can be extended somehow? I have not claimed any benefits and currently working part-time to keep things going while looking for a suitable full time job.

Open these links
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

If we go to DL route, will my wife still be eligible for permanent residence after 5 year completion of stay in the UK?[
/b]

No

Answers to the above will be highly appreciated and really bring us out of a lot of stress.

Many thanks
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

usernamenotused
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa / Discretionary Leave

Post by usernamenotused » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:40 am

Many thanks for your help.